Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So how many miles does your E class have so far?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Default RE: So how many miles does your E class have so far?

actually all I did was put new plugs and a coolant temp sensor in and changed the oil, car runs great...quite awesome actually, this being my first MB after a long BMW run (2002, 533i, 528e, 535i, 633CSi and 325iC)...both interesting and confusing at the same time.Anyone play golf?I find Mercedes to be similar to Augusta National GolfClub, both want to be traditional in apperance yet modern inperformance, quite the marketing challenge I would bet.....

Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 PM

C280 - Venice? Good stuff. I lived 6 miles north of Venice. Beneva Road and Gulf Gate Drive area. Sarasota is indeed a wonderful place. I have moved there no less than 6 times! I'm in central VA right now. My E320 sticks out like a sore thumb. It was so unnerving at first I almost sold it. There are a few Benzes around in my town of 25K people but not many. I'm past that now and still love my car. I just spent all day Sunday prepping, waxing and polishing my ride. It looks great and will impress the indie mechanic who will put on a driver's side cat tomorrow night! Ha! Go figure. It needs it. I can't stand the rattle at idle anymore. How's this for a nice bit of info... my shop has a tech who they "borrow" from the local MB dealership one night a week and on Sat. He only works on the Benzes and the other mechanics specialize in Volvos and Saabs. Anyway... I've met the guy... 15 years MB Master Certified. He knows his stuff. He has done some work on my car and has commented on the condition... in a good way. Last time I was there I saw him pull in to the shop from his day job... in a smoke silver 1998 E320! He said it was his favorite car and that it was the best bang for the buck! I smiled and felt just a little bit better about the day. If a MB master mech drives the same model that I do because he prefers it due to value... maybe I did the right amount of research. Have a good one!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Yes Venice. My place is off of Jacaranda BLVD in Venetia. At the end of Jack Heading towards the beach. Do you recall where that is? Sarasota is an amazing town. I love it. I bet the E320 does stick out up in VA. Kinda the same here In upstate NY. I see people with either brand new Mercedes on leases or older ones such as C220, 300SD, 300TD, 190D. I see more old Mercedes up here then I do in Fl. Some resaon people down there just love their new Mercedes. Good deal about your inde shop. 15 yrs of MB Tech! Thats a great person to have around. My shop has 5 guys. All young like 30-40's and goo great work. The owner is about 50. I have been going to him since the 70's when he ran it out of his own house garage.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:42 PM

1988 300E 218,000 runs well, I need a visor clip in blue. I can only find black.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:13 PM

Whatever works!! My glovebox clasp broke off... so I'm holding my glovebox closed using a black golf tee jammed shoved in the left side! It's hard to see but it works! Ha!!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 PM

interesting...where I live every other (and I mean this) car is either a MB or BMW...it's whack...my 1990 300TE is what kids use to go to high school...I have never seen so many eurocars in one town in my life...even more than southern cal....jags, porsche, saab, audi, bmw, benz...they are literally everywhere. strangely, no italian hardly...only a couple of ferraris...that I can't quite figure out

Old 10-31-2008, 11:21 AM

'92 300TE 4matic.....218,000 miles & going, original owner (me). I should get some pics posted, but have to do it the old way-35mm transferred to digital.

Kevin

Old 10-31-2008, 05:36 PM

Amazing... Good stuff. The TE should stand for Tank Endurance! Ha!!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:07 AM

They are a tank. Almost as good as a Diesel Benz.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Was traveling in Ireland a few months ago... turned on the tele and found a silly show put on bya news company. They had a reporter testing to see if a Merc (Mercedes apparently) was really as durable as reported. It was amazing. They took an early 90's Benz wagon and submitted it to several tests... pickaxe to the body (stupid but sad and amazing), then they ran the **** out of it at the track. After that they ran it thru about 20 inches of standing water, then they ripped up the interior. To finish her off they ran her off of the side of a parking garage. They said that they spent about 800 pounds on the ride and that it had about 250K Kilometer on the clock. I was amazed and saddened by watching this but it really went to show that these wagons are seriously tough. I couldn't believe the water test... the ride was coughing water out of the dipstick and it was still running!!! My next Benz... in several years mind you... will be a wagon. Bravo!!

Quick Reply: So how many miles does your E class have so far?