Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLease Help Im losing my my mind

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Default PLease Help Im losing my my mind

Well I have a 2001-2002 mid year Eclass, I have had so many problems with this car I am about to lose my mind!
But just recently, my car had its check engine light come on, So I take the car to the dealer and they said that I had a bad
MAF (mass air flow sensor). So I purchase the part and put the part on and the light went off, (but I replaced the part pulled the
positive on the battery and then reconnected the battery and then) reset the car and voila the light is off) Well after driving the
car seemed like it was not switching from first gear properly into second. ( it almost felt like the car was miss firing or dropping
power) Then after about 20 mins of driving the car smoothed out, the only problem was the car had alittle hesitation to the get go but
once crusing the power is where it is suppose to be. Well after the car was stopped while getting a bite to eat the car wouldnt turn over
just sat tried to turn over but seemed like wasnt cranking over and then boom the car stopped all lights on dash and car dies, after 5 times
trying the car turns over only when i gassed the pedal, and the check engine light stayed on till we got home. IF any one knows how to deal with this
pain in the *** 210w I will be eternally grateful, oh THere is also a whirling sound coming from the airconditioning, does anyone know what that could be
the air is cold on both sides, and it sounds like its coming right behind the middle console vent. well thanks again. oh the car is about 78,000 miles

Old 09-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Default RE: PLease Help Im losing my my mind

Well. being gifted mechanic, I can definitelly say, that what you have is a computer with the engine.
Sounds like you need good troubleshooting.
AutoZone is lending code readers for free ($170 deposit required).
You can plug it in and check what the computer says.
Otherwise you need an expert like sleepwalker.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:07 AM

Was it Lenin that called people like you a "useful idiot?"

Old 09-26-2005, 03:33 AM

Well how do you use the code reader? and are there a few place to use this or only one place.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:40 AM

I used the reader on my VW.
I could take it home, but did it right on the parking lot, saving return trip. There might be more automotive places doing that service, but I needed only 1.
It plugs-in under the dash and is having 6, or 8 buttons.
Pretty straight-forward operation.