Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0700 Error code & Transmission slipping!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Default P0700 Error code & Transmission slipping!

I have a 2001 E320 the transmission all of a sudden started to slip. Fluid seems normal level, I don't have a check engine light on yet, but my OBD reader says P0700 error. The transmission is not in limp mode, just slips and it whines, even sometimes in park. (more when the cars warm) I believe the dealer told me once 2 years ago some conector was leaking, could this have caused the computer to go bad? Could it be a front pump? would fluid and filter change help? Or should I reset the code? Any advice to help see whats really wrong would help. Do I have to have the dealer look at it? If the conector or transmission computer malfunction can it cause slippage or just limp mode? Please help. I have parked the car and I work about 12 hours/day 5 days a week so I need to get it going on my days off soon since it is costing me for another car everyday.
Thank you all so much.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Banned
Default Tcs

error if you have the leaking electrical connector get the upgraded parts at the dealer about 25 bucks and follow the diy on benzworld.org in the w210 diy section.
Trans control issues can be triggered by the migration of fluid and even moisture up the connector.Trtans fluid level is checked with the special dipstick,do you have one of those?
You neeed it running in park at operating temp and filled to the proper level.
Diy fluid change on benzworld.net mercedesshop.com and I have the dipsticks for a delivered price of $45 anyplace in the states.
Keep us posted.We feel your pain.
ohlord

Old 01-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Thank you very much for the advice!
I wish I new you had the trans dipstick earlier, as I paid more than that for mine I am not sure if I checked it correctly, it has a 25 and 80 on it. I tried to check it when the cars dash gauge said 80 on temp. Do you think that connector could actually cause slippage? also what part do I ask for at the dealer? After changing it should I reset the mil fault? then anything else or just test it? Is it a good Idea to replace my fluid too as the car has 108,000 miles or wait to ttest the connector first.
Unfortionately it came at a time when I started a new job, where I drive 109 miles each way everyday, but If even my wife can use it just to drop the kids at school would be great.
It is a great help all the advice you give.