Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Backseat Cover- Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Default MB Backseat Cover- Install

Hello, This is my first post here as I have just become a MB owner once again. I purchased an E320 CDI about a week ago. My question is: Has anyone installed one of the MB rear seat covers who could provide installation pointers? The new cover arrived in a box without any instructions. It appears that both the seat bottom and seat back will have to be removed in order to install it correctly. Are there any "special" considerations when removing the rear seat?

thank you,

Mark

Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Default RE: MB Backseat Cover- Install

i've not had to replace a seat cover with OEM cover, but I have played a seat
remover, both front and back, about a dozen times. i've also watched an MB
customizer replace front seat covers for a colleague. my advise is to be sure
you have variety of pliers, including locking design, and STRONG forearms.

the fabric is stretttttttched very tightly over metal fasteners...and reminded me
of stretching carpeting during installation before the edges are secured to strips
situated around the chair's metal frame structure.

I wouldn't want to do this myself simply given the physical exertion (like replacing
my own asphalt single, tabbed roof...which I did) but it's basically very do-able
by anyone with begining/intermediate generic auto modification skills/aptitude.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:32 PM

to remove the rear seat back cushion the seat bottom must be removed first simple pull up each side or if it has the split rear seat release the lock and flip the seat cushion up ...then remove the two bolts that secure the seat back cushion to the body..then slide the seat back cushion up and out

Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Thank you for your responses. I did not state my question well enough, though I did receive the info I was after. I have purchased a backseat cover from the MB parts store billed as a dog cover. It is just what I was after made of heavy canvas. It is form fitted with straps and holds that need to go under the seat bottom and under the seat back. I wanted to check on seat removal before starting. Now I understand that the bottom pulls out and will reveal bolt attaching the back. I hope to get my new cover installed in the morning. Thanks again. Mark