Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Default Ignition problem...

Hi all,
I'm sure this has been talked about before as I have learned through looking up online that this seems to be a Mercedes problem...
Anyway, I have a 98' e320... I pulled up a work yesterday,shut my car off, pulled out the key and opened up my driverside rear door to grab my briefcase. I then shut doors and went to lock the car but when I hit the lock bottun on the remote, nothin happened... I then put the key back into the ignition and noticed that it didn't make the unlocking noise the ignition makes when inserting the key. Can't turn the ignition or anything...
Now, nothing works on the key, door locks,truck nothing... So my question is, if it was the EIS, wouldn't the door locks and trunk work on the key, it just wouldn't work in ignition, right?
I figure it is my key because for some time now, I get no distance with the key, I would have to stand next to car to lock and unlock it,also key is pretty beat up looking....
Is there a mb mech. Here that can help me with this? Please don't say check the battery in the car, as Ive already done this and I am a good mech myself, I just a new to Mercedes and still learning my way around it....
Thanks for helpin out in advance....

GOOD DAY!!!