Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrifying experience with the E-class

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Default Horrifying experience with the E-class

I have an E270 CDI, before my first service at 11000kms I asked Mercedes Engineers to check my brake pad functions as I felt that the car braking distance was longer than before, They said they'd do their best and after the first service I clearly sked them if the brake pads were okay, and once again I was told that everything was fine, I have a signed copy of the after service receipt. After 2 weeks I had a horrible accident because my car would'nt brake properly, I felt the brakes just struggle to stop the car and I swerved to save the car and myself .I was given a bill of Rs.250000 ($7000) , and told that the brake pads need replacement due to wear and tear. Now I dont understand why I wasnt told this before when the car was serviced, and I am extremely annoyed at Mercedes -benz for their incompetence . THerefore I would like it if someone in this forum could give me the e-mail addresses of some senior mangement people in daimler chrysler , so I can put this matter forward to them.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Horrifying experience with the E-class

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. I have learned over the years to check everything myself. These idiots who claim to be professional mechanics are frightening. My wife had an oil drain bolt fall out 1 block from the oil change shop, my dad had a wheel fall off after getting new tires as did my brother, a buddy had some front end work done and checked it before he drove off and found a missing Cotter Pin, the list goes on and on.
I check the torque on the lug nuts myself, I do my own oil changes (ramps plus jack stands for additional safety), I do my own brakes, etc. One should not have to check these things but if you don't, it could cost you your life. Many people don't know how to check thier brake pads, if you don't, it's time to learn even if you get someone to do the work. Imagine if your wife were driving with your kids in the car! Thank God it was not any worse than it was.