Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi New Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Default Hi New Here

Whats up everybody? Im new here from Phoenix, Arizona US. and this car has been a love/hate relationship. Love how it looks from the front, love how it drove silky smooth. But hate how theres so many things that need to be fixed.

Had the 01 E320 with about 51K miles now for about 4 months now who was previously owned by my grandfather and has had some problems/questions. I dont know much about Mercedes or German cars in general where as i have owned honda and toyota before so i have a few questions. Hope you guys can provide some more insight. If these questions have been asked frequently, just let me know and i'll perform a search, otherwise it will be great if anyone can answer these.

1) The window regulator is broken on the left back door. Is this an easy job to fix? How much should the part cost? I was quoted ~$115 plus $2 for four rivets.

2) When the car was lifted, i noticed two engine mounts and 1 transmission mount are blown/cracking. To be replaced including parts and labor was ~595. Is that a good price? Is this a common problem? The car is about 6 or 7 years but has low mileage so i dont understand why they would be broken already. The car drives a bit rougher and downshifts a bit slower and weird. The car also seems less powerful and less smooth. Will fixing this correct these problems? or is it another issue?

3) The brake pads were low and the rotors were below spec in the front. Got it replaced for 615 including a brake flush($105) and new sensors($8). How many miles should pads last approximately because I think my grandpa said he has had them done once already.

4) One of the foglight is blown, any insight on how i can change the bulb?

5) When i turn off the car and lock it, the high beams and the foglights stay on for a few seconds. How can i disable this feature?

6) Anything else i should know about this car before i spend even more money and time?

7) When using the keyfob to unlock the doors, the left rear door wont unlock, what can be the problem?

8) When turning off the car, i hear all these electrical motors or hydrolics or something. Is this normal?

9) When putting the car into the Park position, when i let go off the brake, it always moves foward or backward depending on the slope of the road. Is this normal?

10) Sometimes when i start my car for the first time or after its been sitting for a few hours, it takes forever to start the engine. Like its cranking for 5+ seconds. Is this because the battery is drained or low? Or is it something else like a starter problem?

Thanks for spending your time to read this as well as spending your time to answer any of my questions.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned
Default RE: Hi New Here

ALL diy items easy repairs,go to benzworld.org w210 section,and search the posts and read the diy section,you can fix all the little things and love the car again.They are great cars when sorted out.

also mercedesshop.com diy section
ohlord