Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E320 - sounds like water running

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Default E320 - sounds like water running

Hello all,
On my way home I had my heat on. When I pulled into the garage and shut off the car it sounded like water running. No kidding! It was coming from the vents in the middle.

Another strange thing - the middle vents do not blow any air. Hot or cold. Even when I put the vents on the middle position, I still only get heat/cold from the driver side vent.

I come from Cadillac's so maybe this is a strange thing about MB's....

Help. I want to be prepared when I go to the dealership - for a passenger window that doesn't always go up!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Default RE: E320 - sounds like water running

I had the same problem today, took it in to the MB dealer in Dothan Al, He said it was a valve that let the water circulate through the heater, the sound only lasted a short time until the car was warm. It was a cold Al day. The one and only time the car has made that sound???

Old 02-21-2006, 12:08 PM

Actually, it was the only time - Friday night and now it's Tuesday. The car was completely warm though it was bitter cold in Chicago that day. I had been driving for over an hour and then it started. I'm just worried it's something major and since I'm still under a MB warranty, I want to take care of it if need be. The car temp always seems fine, but I only got the car in November. I don't know how it is in the warmer, summer months.

Have you had any strance occurances with your vents? Like I stated, I'm totally new to MB's but trying to learn as much as I can. I love cars so much - I can tell most of them from their tail lights at night! Thanks for any insight you can provide. I love having as much info as possible when I go to a dealership. I love when they dismiss females!

Old 02-24-2006, 12:21 AM

I have a 2000 E430 that exhibits the exact same behavior. Water noise and no air flow from the center vents. However, I don't have an answer just yet. I'll talk to my Mercedes guy tomorrow. Please post any information you might come across.

What year is your E320?

Stuart.......help.....

Matt

Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

does it sound like an expansio valve hissing while neutralizing the pressure on both sides?

with a/c on and car running, take a look under the car also to see if the moisture is draining out. could it be that the outlet pipe was blocked and water accumulated inside?

Old 02-24-2006, 07:19 PM

2001. It hasn't done it since, but if it's something I want it taken care of. I'm working on a list of problems.

The radio is full of static, the window doesn't go up all the time, the tires are different, and there is a rattle driving me nuts! I did buy this certified - but it doesn't really seem certified. Oh, and get this - the vanity mirror was missing and the dealership told me to 'go to a junkyard and buy a new one'! Can you believe it? This was a MB dealership too.

I'm done - If you hear ANYTHING please let me know. I really like the MB, I just don't know much about them yet.