Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E300D Engine Stops Suddenly

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Default E300D Engine Stops Suddenly

Hi all,

I have a W210 E300D 95' and iīm having a very dangerous problem, the engine suddenly stops while running. Here is the explanation, i hope you might help me.

- The engine stops all of a sudden doesnīt matter itīs the engine is hot or cold, running or waiting at the traffic light.

- It looks to me that itīs an electrical problem, because when the engine stops all the lights and clocks on the board appear to be off, like if the contact key was out. Then i have to keep trying to get the board panel lights of the oil, battery and warm plugs to be on to start the engine, otherwise no matter how long i crank the engine because it never starts until the board panel shows me that electrical current is restored.

- I donīt think itīs a diesel problem because the lines, filter, warm plugs are new, and always happens when an electrical signal is triggered. For example, while running sometimes the engine stops when i press the brake pedal, and i can tell you that this is really bad specially at high speeds.

- Othertimes it happens that the engine doesnīt start because the board panel is not powered, so i have to do the same, keep trying rotating the key until the panel is powered and then the engine starts inmediately.

I hope you can help me, thank you very much.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 AM

Iīve cheched some posts on the forum, and iīve seen that the problem might be one of those 3 things, but i need some advise in order to buy or repare the appropiate part:

- It might be a shorcut somewhere that makes the engine stops or doesnīt start (althought it always crank well)

- It might be the K-40 relay does is damaged (iīm attaching a photo of it)

- It might be the ignition switch as well

Please may you help me??

Thanks a lot

Attached Thumbnails E300D Engine Stops Suddenly-dscn1542.jpg   E300D Engine Stops Suddenly-dscn1540.jpg