Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clank/Noise on C-Pillar SOS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Default Clank/Noise on C-Pillar SOS!!!

Hello.

I own a 2004 W211 E200, I bought it new and I am experiencing a huge problem and I would like your help and advice.

I have a noise/clank for more than a year at the back of my car, inside it. This noise is produced will passing over a pothole or a non straight road.

I visited the service and they told me that it is on the panoramic glass synroof and it needs lubrication so they lubricated it. Nothing good happed for me. I visited them this one year more than 10 times requesting help to resolve this issue with the noise and the reply was to lubricate it again cause they don't have other tips from MB in order to resolve this problem as they did.

This month i visited 3 different services and on 3 cases they unistalled and installed the roof and they screw the bolts of the roof beacuse they thought that it was the problem. No luck at all.

Today I visited a new service, they did the same things and a guy who thoroughly examined the car told me that this clank/noise comes from the c-pillar. I observed it myself and he was right. Nothing had to do with the roof, or the doors or something else, just the sheet metals in this place, they are not joined together properly. He couldn' do anything so he called the MB and the reply was to go to a whitesmith and cut the pillar where it is needed and join it again. I have to mention that i never had a car accident or something like that with my car so I damaged it.

That reply from MB was not satisfactory to me at all, i am not going to do such a thing.

The issues on which I like your advice is what to do? Trust them? Does anyone of us experienced such a thing with this kind of noise in that place etc?

I am in the mood to call MB in Germany and ask for replacement. Can I do it. Will i have any luck?

I am in the mood to ask for replacement cause the first year I had problems with brakes, SBC, twice I had no brakes. My harman cardon wasn't working for more than 2 months. i always had mulfuncions with esp, sbc, parktronic etc. I've been in the service 42 times exactly and I can prove it cause I have all the receipts with the specific problems. I think that my car is a mulfunction car.

I really want ur reply and ur help and advice cause I am desparate.

Thanx...

Nicolas