Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

300E LPG Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 01:19 AM

Happy now

Just returned from an aluminium welder I found just a tad over 10mins away from me. Top bloke who's modest & does good work for simple hrly rate. No bullsh1t!

I dropped off the IC for him to reposition the tank end pipes. He is also keen to do the IC piping once I get all the gear from OS to fit. He's keen to work with me bits & pieces @ a time.

Can do all types of welding & really proud of his work!

Feel better about my mission now

Last edited by BAD300; 11-25-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM

Just in process of sourcing certain parts OS....ie: tie rod link/ends; front ball joints; rear subrame mounts; diff mount/bushings; trans cooler; turbo cooling/oil lines, banjos etc, strut mounts, boots & bump stops, swaybar bushes (these are pretty straight forward though)

Couldn't wait the 3 month backorder from here for H&R sports lowered coil springs as this would set me back too much time & I'd basically have nothing to do til' I get turbo gear from Scandinavia (root that!) So, managed to source them from US for only $50 more than if I waited. These will be freighted via USPS priority mail (believe me you pay for this but far less chance of it getting lost in a slow-haul freight service & I need to get started with this car as I hope to get it @ least drivable by mid May next year ). Incidentally, US supplier I managed to find was only $50 cheaper than other suppliers so, another win

As it now stands, awaiting the following:

a) turbo header, detachable 3" dump pipe & external WG pipe, WG, BOV, cam
& crank trigger wheels & adapter plates to suit, VEMS ECU, wiring
harness to suit & all sensors etc coming from Estonia (across ocean from
Sweden )
b) IC refurbish from here
c) H&R coil springs from US
d) Bilstein struts from US
e) S500 150A alternator from US
f) Poly bushes from UK......so.....waiting

Last edited by BAD300; 11-29-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:40 PM

um..................liquid injection is only $500 more than vapour. I was given bullsh1t information from a-hole here where I live & also from another. Been like this for years too btw.....how do these **** stay in business

Anyway, confirmed it all with installer who uses LPG warehouse gear (JTG installs), the "ants pants" of LPI "untuned" can expect about 15wkw more power than with petrol / "tuned" up to 30 economy near that of fuel & capable of higher CR's than fuel too

Fark there's alot to learn/know.......when I explained I am running aftermarket ECU & trigger wheels etc, he then confirmed it can be run via direct LPI, not duel-fuel bullsh1t!

Not much booking time necessary either! Only a week or two! I thought it would be months, so this is one huge plus.......

Again, until I get the turbo header & gear from OS, I can't do alot of the technical stuff. But when suspension & front-end gear turn up, @ least I can do the undercarriage.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Here's just a little something different to wet the appetite of performance folk, helping to explain what I'm really about .........

QUOTE from a recent article:

......Whereas traditional vapour LPG systems turn liquefied gas into vapour form before feeding it into the engine via a venturi in the throttle body, the liquid phase injection (LPI) system takes the gas in liquid state all the way to the injectors -- a more precise method that Ford says delivers improved engine performance.......

Last edited by BAD300; 12-04-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 PM

sheesh! Tryin to stay up with this LPI stuff.......

The JTG system uses it's own injectors that come with the kits. This means I don't have to fork out for LS2 COP injectors or even run EFI @ all, due to dedicated LPI set up. Just wish I didn't need to use the pidly donut where my spare should be but apparently this has the necessary pump needed.

Anyway, spoke guy in charge this morn & he's keen to have the car as soon as I get it all together, up to fitting the VEMS ECU & harness, then shop takes over. Cart comes home on all fours

Found OEM suppliers in UK & US for all the tidly OEM suspension parts like, ball joints, idler arm bushings, Strut boots & bump stops, boot rubber, draglink & tie rod assemblies, expansion tank cap, thermostat & other tid bits......all the pita stuff including the rear flex plate (driveshaft donut) for 1/3rd cost it is here &....heavily discounted expedited freight on most so hopefully gets here round same time as the springs. Bilsteins arrived yesterday

Old 12-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Well. All parts I ordered were delivered pre-Chrissie.

Poly LCA bushes
H&R sports springs & coil hats
Bilstein Sports; bump stops; boots; & strut mounts
Centre bearing
Torsion bar bushes
Idler arm bush kit
drag link; tie rod assemblies
ball joints
rear flex plate
non A/C serp belt
thermostat
reservoir cap
wiper blade
150A alternator

Very cool! Only hickup was one idiot supplier who didn't send 1 ball joint in order then, sends a used one as a replacement

I will take pics of all goodies later today.

Also, scored an S320 M104 fuel rail from US for a bargain It will come post new year.

Next, I just need the modded intercooler again, post new year now.