Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

300E LPG Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by stella123
Hey thanks for posting pics of coaxial install
Pleasure main reason I put the fronts where I did was so sound can come straight at you kinda thing, as opposed to from down in the kick panels as it would reduce feet room & cause sound perhaps to be muffled, having to bounce around footwell? Surprisingly, where they sit in the door, they clear lags completely.

Last edited by BAD300; 09-14-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by m4rkenyux
This one just another great project..keep on..
Thanks I was hoping it would be a much quicker project but due to workshops letting me down, will be somewhat drawn out. Upside is I can make sure I get the finished product right.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:06 PM

Thought I'd make one last effort to see if I could 'liquid inject' the LPG & **** the GR mixer set up off.............what put me off before was I was told you had to have EFI. What they failed to grasp was that I have a custom management system coming from OS

I can but too expensive for my liking but.................

I can vapour inject, without petrol (dual fuel) yes, STRAIGHT GAS I have a the Aussie warehouse & recommended installer getting back to me to discuss the details of running my fancy stand alone with the Merc harness & what's what with injectors.

New ground but just imagine the performance/economy/reliability this means compared to the GR mixer??????

Old 10-24-2011, 03:10 PM

just may be onto something......

hmmmmmm..........

Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 PM

Thanks to nick.ged I have contacted flo-flex in the UK for info regarding poly bushes. They do the front LCA's & rear arm bushes only from what I can gather.

No reply after 3 days but this is all too typical of suppliers. Anyway, they have them I believe but I wanna know whether they are softer street hardness or race?

On a side note, I am trying to locate a top to bottom intercooler. I've researched these as being more efficient than the side tank IC's. Have found one that may fit in US & again, await a reply. They also stock all joiners & pipe sizes.

So we'll wait..............

Old 11-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Ok..........

Just in the process of making a decision on the poly bushes.

Although I can save a bundle with some of them by getting them from UK, they don't have all I want. Another supplier has offered me just about the entire bushing sets, including a set of RDMTek front camber plates & a set of rear adjustable camber arms @ a considerably higher cost but, this would be for the most part all I need to modify this slouch suspension for the power increase it will get!

So, how it stands is, I can either get the most part of the suspension bushings for alot cheaper or, suck up the extra cost to allow for the other poly parts & the extra stuff mentioned above?

Never an easy decision with these cars

Old 11-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Well......been putting the inevitable off for too long.........out to the garage to rip out whats left of the butchered engine harness including the makeshift ECU harness that's there.

The pics won't be pretty.........either will the language...........

Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Ok. Awaiting an invoice for front & rear wishbone poly bushes coming from UK haha & the intercooler.

Once I have the bushes I can get them pressed along with lower ball joints & also fit the 4-pot brake calipers & larger brake rotors I have.

As I will be relocating to Q'land (1800odd kms further north) early in the new year. Focus now is on getting the car off the blocks & rolling again for the long transport upwards. Oh, & the struts & coil springs dammit! Just gotta get them freighted a bit cheaper. Bloody expensive for these as they aren't offered both @ the same place

so now, waiting, waiting.......

Old 11-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Default Update

Intercooler was $185 delivered from here. Will be arriving this week. May modify it which will add fair bit to cost.....

Just paid for Poly Bushes from UK. Both front & rear LCA bushes delivered for $253AUS! That's excellent!!!

Invoice from US for Bilstein Struts delivered approx = $695AUS! That's between 2/3 & 1/2 what I would pay here! Once I have invoice I will pay.

So, not bad on a whole I guess? But, surely won't be doing this ever again!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:35 PM

OK. Just completed payment transaction for Bilsteins from US, $723AUS. AUS$ sux @ moment. So, now all the important suspension stuff is sorted!

Hopefully the IC will be here soon so I can @ least attempt the fitment for now. Obviously can't do pipework until exhaust parts are delivered.......

Quick Reply: 300E LPG Turbo Project