Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1986 190e...... Please help.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Default 1986 190e...... Please help.....

I have a 1986 190 E 2.3L that my mother had purchased and gave to me as a graduation present. When she gave it to me we knew that it had some problems which most of which i was able to fix after getting a tune up a friend of my moms who is a mechanic and a few things he was able to tell me what needed to get fixed with the exception of the electical problem. Since then i had replaced the ignition coil since it was bad. Removed the aftermarket stereo thinking that might have been the problem. That was not. I replaced the battery since i recently discovered that it had a bad cell in it. (I am a student in an excelerated Marine Mechanics Program and will be graduating soon going home to fix my car) But so i did all of that and we still cant figure out the electircal problem. If the battery stays connected it will drain completely after about 6 hours, when not running and if it is running it takes about 3 hours. so we took a Digital Multi Meter and tested everything in the fuse box and i believe it was fuses 13 and 14 that were causing my meter to read OL so we checked the fuses themself and the fusess were fine. So i guess what my question is how would i fix that. Also the sunroof will not open electronically like it is suppposed to in order to open it i have to pop the trunk and manually crank it open but it will close electronically. And my rear drivers side window will not open or close is there a way that i can easily fix these problems or does anyone have any suggestions. I have been working on this car for about two years now and i am asking for assitance so any help that anyone may be would be greatly appriciated....

Thanks

Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned
Default New window regulator

and the rest of the electrical ggremlins may need to be tracked down by a shop with a good auto electrician that has the diagrams and knows how to trace a drain to ground.
Good luck it will take time but when done you will enjoy the car.