Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

question form a new owner

Old 11-25-2005, 06:32 AM
m28
Default question form a new owner

hi everyone. I am from Hong Kong, i just bought a 2004 CLK 240. It is a great car, but i feel like i need more power.
So, my question is, what kind of aftermarket tuning can be done to my car??
i checked the Renntech website, but they did not have anything for 240, or 280??

thanks in advance

Old 11-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Default RE: question form a new owner

If your willing to send your ECU to California we can programme it here and return to you and we can also send you a pulley kit. You should get about 16-18hp with the ECU and 12hp with the pulley kit... we can also send you a diagram so you can modify your intake system to improve the airflow. www.singhautosport.com

Old 11-26-2005, 02:54 AM
m28

thanks, can you give me a ball park price of the ECU and the Pully kit please?

Old 11-26-2005, 03:33 AM

An underdrive pulley adds zero hp. Nada. It shifts existing hp from driving your accessories to driving your rear wheels. It's effective, but it adds no hp whatsoever.

Old 11-26-2005, 04:34 PM

hi M28,

the price for the kit is about $1100 plus delivery (no tax because its an export). If you need some more information on what 'works' you can check the following websites...

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/tun...erformancekits

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/pdf/W203.PDF

the best place to get information on performance products and results is to check the tuner websites, this forum probably isn't the best place to get advice. You can always ask someone who has actually had work done to their car as apposed to someone who hasn't. I have never come across someone who wasn't happy and if there is someone out there... speak to the guys who carried out the service. We offer a 50% refund to customers who aren't satisfied, we haven't come across this yet. You can e-mail us your phone number and we'll call you in Hong Kong.

p.s. it takes a couple of minutes to remove the ECU.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:42 PM

I can't believe there's a vendor here selling a BS idea like a pulley is a power adder. I wouldn't trust anyone who claims that a pulley is a power adder. They DO NOT create hp. jags has an embarrassing misunderstanding of what a pulley does and is misleading you. Makes me wonder what other BS he'll sell you. Get water from a rock? Turn lead into gold?

As I said in my above post, you need to know that an underdrive pulley shifts existing hp from driving your accessories to driving the rear wheels, and underdrives your accessories (power steering, AC, alternatoror/generator, etc) as a result. You have to spend more time at higher RPM to get the same energy to the accessories that you got with the stock pulley. You can, for example, run down the battery and damage the power steering pump if you spend too much time in rush hour traffic that's stop and go.

Also, as I said in my above post, underdrive pulleys are effective in their purpose. You can feel the difference in torque to the wheels. Like everything else in life, however, it's not free. You sacrifice the efficient operation of the accessories to get this feeling. It's very much like changing gear ratios in the rear end and has the same result as far as feeling the difference. Gear ratio changes DO NOT create hp either. jags probably thinks that they do.

Old 11-26-2005, 08:43 PM

what do you do for a living lugnut? you have more know how than all the tuners in the world... you should quit Walmart and open a tuning shop. Your pathetic, with your $10,000 poor excuse of a Mercedes or trailer... or both.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:52 AM

Explain to us all how a pulley creates hp. I can't wait for this load of crap. Go on, tell us. We're waiting. Go on. While you're at it, explain where I'm wrong.

If you can only call me names (and my car trailer???) without explaining the source of hp from a pulley, then I'm afraid you're just going to remain a BS vendor who lies to his customers. What's worse is that you may not even know you're lying about the pulley and you may be lying about other things. You're a dangerous person who wouldn't be allowed near a car of mine and shouldn't be allowed near others. You're willing to lie to a customer to take their money.

If you make a claim around here, be prepared to back it up. If you make a ridiculous claim, you will be challenged. Count on it. Calling me names won't stop me from doing it. If you choose not to back them up, then those will be your true colors and people will see right through your BS after we're done. Arrogant pea brains like you really **** me off. If you knew what you were talking about and were arrogant, I could handle it.

You're the clown who couldn't explain how to reprogram the ECU to handle real power adders like boost or nitrous when I asked you. We learned that you only program for minor mods like high-flow air intakes, that actually don't even need aftermarket reprogramming on an OBDII engine--but you charge people to do it like they're getting something special from you. I guess real programming is too difficult for you? There's a lot you need to learn. You and your "tuning shop" may not be ready for prime time.

DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY. HE DOESN'T APPEAR TO KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING. HE APPEARS TO KNOW JUST ENOUGH TO BE DANGEROUS. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:36 AM

Lugnut... BS? you talk a lot of it. So... everyone is wrong... Brabus, Kleemann, Hamann Motorsport, Carlsson, Hartge, Renntech, etc, etc. Spread the word Lugnut... your so full of it.

here are some links... get educated you fool!!!

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/pdf/W203.PDF

or maybe Renntech don't know what they're talking about?? you ponse

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/tun...erformancekits

just admit your wrong... it hurts but its ok. If not start a petition and get everyone to sign it, present it to to the above listed companies and see what they have to say.

you muppet, get a life.

This topic is now done, im not gonna waste my time with your incompetence. I produce 200mph cars with a proven track record, what do you produce??? hot air? As per the nitrous? who add's nitrous to a 100k car, how many people actually buy a SL55 and add nitrous?... sorry I don't work on Civic's.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

it didn't mention at what RPM can achieve those torque.

seems you got to sacrifice more RPM just to get them.

a comparison graph would be more convincing.

mercedes-benz got a bunch of high quality engineers... so why don't they just do it the way kleeman and rentech do?

there must be some reason. it will shorten engine life? it's not proportioned? payback on fuel consumption?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question form a new owner