Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

06 CLK 350 Color / Option Change - Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Default 06 CLK 350 Color / Option Change - Help

Hi:

Yesterday I was choosing between Mars Red or Diamond Silver (for exterior). I've eliminated Mars Red because I am not buying from that dealer anymore.

I later found out the Diamond Silver was not with Ash Leather but rather Stone Leather. Now I have the information faxed (on paper) on the potential four choices that I have (which all have the lighting package I wanted) from the one dealer I will buy the car from.

1) Diamond Silver w/ Stone - Lighting & Premium Package w/ wood steering wheel & trunk closer (don't really care much for).
2) Iridium Silver w/ Ash - Lighting & Premium (they would have to add wood steering at my request).
3) Storm Red w/ Black Nappa (as stated) (I wonder if this is really softer than the other colors?) - Lighting & Premium Package w/ wood steering & Keyless Go.
4) Iridium Silver w/ Black Nappa - Lighting & Comfort (the ventilated seats) Package (NO PREMIUM - meaning no upgraded sound system and I guess no sunroof??), Run Flat Tire, trunk closer, sport susp & Keyless Go. (THIS ONE IS OUT OF QUESTION IF IT HAS NO SUNROOF, BUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS STANDARD ON ALL CLK'S?)

Anyhow, please give me your advice. All of the above are the same final price except #3 which I'd have to pay $500 more but that's ok with me.

Thank you! As soon as I get the car next week I'll post pics.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Default RE: 06 CLK 350 Color / Option Change - Help

Hey sealkgirl!

It will probably do you more justice to post your question in the "CLK" forum. You’re more likely to get a quicker, more accurate, response.

Good Luck!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:30 AM

Thank you DesignoSLK. I didn't know there was a CLK forum but I will look for it right now. Thanks again!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Iridium Silver

I'll move it to the CLK forum. You should be recieving an auto email about the move

Old 08-31-2006, 12:08 AM

too much of a personal choice for anyone to give you definitive advice but here it goes anyway: the packages appear close. If you like the red, there is only one option on your list, so that's what you will buy.
If you like silver, assuming to you one shade of silver is like another, take the wood steering wheel with all else being equal.
If you live ion the south, the ventilated seats sound good right about now in Texas.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 AM

Thursday is decision day. I will let you know what's the final outcome. Thanks for your advice.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 AM

Pewter Won!!! Since the storm red had keyless go and I got used to the idea, I had them search for another CLK w/ lighting, premium and kelyess go. The ony one that was found was Pewter w/ black interior. All they have to do is change the steering wheel though, but that's it.

They sent a driver last night to my house so I could sign the paperwork since they are 100 miles away. I really have to praise my Mercedes salesguy. EXCELLENT!!! He was recommended from a close co-worker that also purchased her car from him. (He has had so much patience - looking for the specific car I wanted without forcing me into something I was half way sure about. My local dealer at Coral Gables would never have spent so much time with me- even in person!). I say a total of about 2 - 3 hours in the course of a week over the phone.

The car is in another state but I should get it early next week. Will post pics as soon as I get it!!! I can't wait!!!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that you are satified with a dealer. Ur a rare one