Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

w204 2009 C300 - STRANGE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS *** HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 PM
Default w204 2009 C300 - STRANGE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS *** HELP

Hey Fam,

I have a 2009 C300 that is giving me all sorts of electrical trouble.

Day 1:
All of this happened about 5-10 minutes after I left the car wash. I first noticed my a/c stopped blowing cold and my check engine light came on. As I continued driving I noticed my turn signals weren't working either. Further down the road the brake light and the high beam light illuminated on the cluster and went on and off for a little bit and now is always on. At this point, the Airbag light came on for the passenger and I immediately parked the car after getting home. After parking, I realized my headlights and taillights were turned on and didn't turn off at all after several minutes. So I removed the positive battery terminal to keep the battery from draining.

Day 2:
I attempted to drive the car but it didn't crank over at all. The same lights were on the dashboard but this time there was an "inoperable" warning with a picture of a car and skid marks behind it.

Day 3:
I tried starting it and it started right up with all the warning lights still on.

Day 4:
In the morning I tried to start the car but no luck.
Same day in the afternoon I tried to start the car and it started right up so I loaded it onto my trailer and going to take it to the shop
After loading it I plugged my scanner into it to read the codes but it couldn't communicate with the car at all, and have used the same scanner before without any issues.
After loading it on the trailer I attempted to start the car and turn it off several times and it failed to start once and started up 3 more times until I decided to stop messing with it.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on? I'm thinking one of the fuse boxes (sam modules) got water inside after the carwash because none of these issues ever happened before. If this is the case, how do I test the sam modules?
******PLEASE HELP******

I will post issues down below:

-turn signals not working
-red brake light on the dash is illuminated
-high beam light on the dash is illuminated
-check engine light on - I plugged in my $6000 scanner and it couldn't communicate with vehicle, although i've used this same scanner and worked fine
-a/c not blowing cold anymore
-when you park the car and lock it the lights don't turn off - I have the switch set to "0"
-passenger airbag not functioning error on dashboard