Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 C230 electrical nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Default 02 C230 electrical nightmare

What's up people. This will be my first post looking for help on here, but certainly not the first time I have used some expertise from you all. Let me start by giving you some background on the situation and the car. About two months ago I was attempting to lock the car and the remote had become completely unresponsive. I was able to use the hard key to unlock and get in it, however the lock button on the dash was not working either. This issue continued for about 5 minutes and began barely working. I let her sit for a hour or so then things were back to normal. Now nothing happened with her until about a week or two ago. I was cruising at about 60 mph when all of a sudden my high beam indicator began flashing, not the lights themselves, just the indicator on the instrument panel. This lasted for only a minute or so and as before went away.....for the time being.
Now onto the ****show. Last Saturday I let my gf use my car, now it had been raining buckets that day and the day before. I get a phone call an hour into her using the car and she said that everything stopped working. I had her bring it back to me so I could see it myself since it was driving absolutely fine. When she got back to me I almost fell out.
So my windows didn't work, my door locks didn't work, turn signals didn't work, A/C was cutting on and off, radio was cutting on and off, high beam indicator was flashing, brake light was flashing, a faulty display error on the instrument panel, and substitute tail lights were on. After turning the car on and off about three times everything went away. I decided to let the car stayed parked overnight. The next evening I took her out to she how she would perform and things were fine until the next morning when just after taking off all the same **** popped up except this time the light for my battery/alternator popped up. Again I restarted, this time only once, and after about a minute or so everything was fine for about 30 miles again. When it crapped again the battery light did not come back. Now this ****storm of errors has disappeared again and has not come back. It hasn't been that long so I'm expecting it to come back but who knows when

2002 C230 Kompressor 2.3 191k+

Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM

first thing to check is the charging system, battery, alternator.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:00 PM

I got a 2002 Mercedes c230 kompressor 2-door, the current issue is front left turn signal light and front left marking light in bottom does not work, all other left turn signal light working including the driver mirror left turn light. Inside I can left turn light clicking when you make the turn that mean relay is good. I change the left turn signal bulb and socket no light again, help