Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two-tone headliner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Default Two-tone headliner?

Is there anyone who tried two-tone headliner out there?or anyone that heard about it? Because of nature of the headliner fabric, sort of hard to do it, but just wanted to have a unique headliner (black color with red stripes (1 or two)on it).

My poor baby had a sagging headliner in really bad shape, so I finally purchased headliner fabric at a local fabric shop and a 3M top quality spray adhesive and worked on replacement of the horrible-looking headliner. I spent almost 1.5 daysfrom thebeginningto the end. Took me so long to figure out how to take off those fixtures and to clean up the headliner board and sliding panel (for sunroof) with bunch of sticky foam stuff. I finally got the job done, which was pretty successful. However, I made a serious mistake at the end (cut the marginthat wraps up the metal frame all around thesunroof area too much), so I decided to take everything off and start it all over again. Now I just thought if any idea to make my headliner look cool and unique would exist.
Thought about putting two red stripes (just atype of fabric)on the black headliner, but seems like not a good idea.

Is there any two-toned headliner? Any idea to make it happen? Thanks for replies in advance.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Two-tone headliner?

Not getting any answers?
Maybe impossible, ridiculous, not worth try???

Old 07-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Default Sounds cool but may be difficult

I think the concept of the two tone headliner is cool If you attempt it, put up some pics to document it.

I am in nthe process of headliner replacement right now. My car had light gray headliner with a black interior. I am redoing it in black. Also, the black felt on the A, B, and C pillars is being replaced by black faux leather. I have one A pillar finished and I have the entire headliner prepped. Removing the residual foam was such a pain, but I finally have it down to bare fiberglass.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:17 AM

Hey dude, I read an article about headliner material, and there is also a place online that specializes in unique headliner. But, it seems you can buy ANY MATERIAL with a bit of stretchiness and glue it to foam and create your own headliner.

I saw examples of a Gold Mercedes with a tan tartan plaid headliner and many other examples.

You have me really intrigued now. my car is almost completely back together now, but.....ideas.

Keep us updated.