Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

SmartKey Auto-Windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Default SmartKey Auto-Windows

Hola All... I have an '04 C230K Sedan and using the SmartKey the windows and moonroof are supposed to open/shut with the key. It did 3 times and then stopped. I have 3 different keys and none of them work. Any suggestions?? I can't believe that all 3 keys' batteries are weak. I am not an idiot, so please don;t leave dumb responses like, " are you sure it is your car?" Thanks every1 .

Old 06-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Default RE: SmartKey Auto-Windows

Not sure about US models, but all the ones here in Europe you have to point the key at the drivers door and stand within 1 metre (3 feet) from it.

Also, make sure you keep the unlock button pressed down.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

ORIGINAL: briancioffi

Hola All... I have an '04 C230K Sedan and using the SmartKey the windows and moonroof are supposed to open/shut with the key. It did 3 times and then stopped. I have 3 different keys and none of them work. Any suggestions?? I can't believe that all 3 keys' batteries are weak. I am not an idiot, so please don;t leave dumb responses like, " are you sure it is your car?" Thanks every1 .

Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Have you re-sync'd your windows and sunroof lately? Look in your manual for directions on this. I bet that is all that you need to do. You need to do this any time your battery dies or power is disconnected.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 AM

i have re-synched my windows and i also have tried everywhere from 10 feet to right up against the door handle to activate it. there is a little black square on the handle thatit is suppoed to be pointed at, and, like i said, i was able to do it before. there is a cool feature though...if your a/c is on, you can press the circulate button for 2 seconds and it closes all your windows...press it again and it reopens them to the point they were at before closing...fyi

Old 06-02-2007, 03:16 AM

ORIGINAL: briancioffi

i have re-synched my windows and i also have tried everywhere from 10 feet to right up against the door handle to activate it. there is a little black square on the handle thatit is suppoed to be pointed at, and, like i said, i was able to do it before. there is a cool feature though...if your a/c is on, you can press the circulate button for 2 seconds and it closes all your windows...press it again and it reopens them to the point they were at before closing...fyi
Thats one of my fav features, and its not only with the air on, as long as the ventilator fan is running - you can do it any temp setting... If you'd ever been to Germany out in the countryside (pooh) you know what im saying. [&:]

Here is another nifty feature for the winter!! Press the EC button on the Ventilation console with the ignition off, and have your temp dials/digits set and it will gentle maintain the cabin temp for upto 30minutes then it will shut off!!! BRILLIANT FEATURE!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 AM

I would re-sync all your windows again including the sunroof.