Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Sevice A

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Smile Sevice A

So, once a year I bring my 2006 C-230 sport to the dealer to have service A or Service B done.

Service A always cost me about $129.00, oil change and filter. The way I understand it is, this is a special "senthetic oil" that alows me to drive my vehicle for a whole year.

Does anyone know if I can have my mercedes oil changed at a "quick change" oil and lube for a lot less price? I mean, would a "quick change" oil and lube carry the same senthetic oil and filter for a lower price?

Also, if it's all the same "senthetic oil"? how would I reset the service A indicator on the dash?

THANKS.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes you could have your oil done at a quick lube place. You would just ask them to use mobil 1 synthetic. Unless you have FSS, to reset the service just go to the Service information with the key on and press the reset button.

Couple things to be aware of:

Mercedes does a topside oil change, the oil is sucked out of the car. They claim this is better. I disagree b/c I feel more foreign matter would leave the system through the drain hole, that gravity thing work for you.

Additionally your car does not have a dipstick. So if the lube guy who possibly didn't graduate highschool doesn't realize this then he has no idea of how much oil to add when he dumps your pan.

I change my oil myself, by pulling the plug and had 5.5 qts. not hard to do. I have a 05 C230K Sedan.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
Zero difference.
How do you justify the statement you have made?