Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Removing foot well panels

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Default Removing foot well panels

I have recently had a Drive + Play installed, and theres this high pitched noise in the background that corresponds to the engines RPM. I'm told that its "alternator whine," and that a simple solution is to just move the ground from where it is to someplace else. However, the installer hid all the cables for aesthetics, and i need to remove some of the foot well (passenger side) panels so that i can try to follow the ground and move it. can anyone tell me how to do this, or even better, does anyone have pictures of this? thanks

Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: Removing foot well panels

anything will help

Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 AM

You're right.....high pitched whine noises in audio that follow engine rpm are usually alternator noises.
Did you take it back to the installer and tell them about it? That's what I would do first if possible. They have
the responsibility of making it right for you. They should be happy to do something as easy as move the ground.
Also, they have "filters" that can be put in the line to cut down on this noise or eliminate it. They must do this
all the time if they install. They are pretty easy to put in and fairly cheap. Just big condensers I think. But I would
let them try first at no expense to you. Or at least it shouldn't be.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 AM

i agree. that would be the first thing i'd do also. However, i had it done near New York City and i'm at school in upstate new york, so unfortunately thats not really one of my options. I called mercedes and one of the guys at the nearest dealership (near Syracuse) said that we'd play it by ear, but he might be able to help me out and at the very least show me how to remove the paneling. But if at all possible i want to avoid the drive not to mention the possibility of 50 dollars of labor an hour. thanks