Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Rear Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Default Rear Fog Lights

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My C180 year 2002 is British spec.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>It comes with only the right rear fog light even though left light cluster has the lamp.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>There is no wire attached to it.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>I had the wire to the right fog branched on to the left to light it up.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>The LCD display comes on with an error message asking the light to be checked whenever I switch on the fogs.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>Is it possible for me to reset the controls to accommodate the additional light without having to go to the dealer's workshop?</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>Thanks.</FONT></P>

Old 12-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Default Rear Fog Lights

Originally Posted by Shan

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">My C180 year 2002 is British spec.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>It comes with only the right rear fog light even though left light cluster has the lamp.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>That's the way it's supposed to be</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>There is no wire attached to it.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>I had the wire to the right fog branched on to the left to light it up.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>This is why your getting an error message when you turn on your lights, the resistance check that is performed with your lights is not reading correctly with an extra bulb in the curcuit. You need to remove it</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>The LCD display comes on with an error message asking the light to be checked whenever I switch on the fogs.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>Is it possible for me to reset the controls to accommodate the additional light without having to go to the dealer's workshop?</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>Thanks.</FONT></P>