Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please please Help! 2010 C 300 car won't start! Steering wheel locked.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 03:18 AM
Default Please please Help! 2010 C 300 car won't start! Steering wheel locked.

Hi there. OMG I'm having the worst couple weeks. Let me start out by saying I am a female so I'm just learning and not to mention everywhere I turn they are trying to take advantage of me.

I have a 2010 C 300. Everything was running fine I thought, I go to turn on my car and it won't start. The steering wheel is locked and the key turns but nothing's happening. No lights on the dashboard. However a message popped up saying something about Auto lock. Then hours later another message popped up saying something about anti theft. I tried the pull the steering wheel approach and that didn't work. I tried to hook up an ODB reader and it wasn't connecting.So I towed it to a mechanic and their ODB reader said model not found...later on they gave me a diagnosis of ESL and and replacement of ignition (I forgot the acronym). They wanted to charge me $3000!!! Long story short I towed it out of there.

Right now it's parked on the street, halfway in the street I may add because the tow driver had trouble since the locked steering wheel. I've already racked up a couple tickets. SO my friend found some guy that comes to the house and replace it and program, they were found on one of these forums. The guy quoted me 750 if it's the ESL and 300 if it's just the ignition and if he doesn't get it started, no charge. He came out today and replaced the ignition thingy BUT the car still wouldn't start. The wheel was unlocked, key turns, dashboard lights on, windows work. Then he proceeds to tell me he has to go, he has another customer. This was already 8pm, dark as hell. Long story short he wanted to charge me $800!!!!!! The car won't even start. So we kind of got into it, he wanted to leave so badly he put my old ignition back in, rolled my windows down, and gave me back my key. Now nothing works the key won't even lock my doors and I'm pretty sure it's going to rain there's supposed to be a big storm. He wouldn't even let me roll it closer to the curb. I just started a new wonderful job and it's quite a drive, I really need my car . What do I do?!? Please please please help!!! I am in Anaheim CA if anyone has a recommendation someone who fixes this problem. Thank you.