Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB OEM suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Default RE: MB OEM suppliers

it's beckers.

ORIGINAL: kmchow
So the base 2003 C240, is it a Beckers or Blaupunkt system. I know the NAVI systems are supplied by Blaupunkt? Thanks ahead.
Thanks ahead.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:58 AM

Wizard,

What indicated the tie rods were shot? I have 81K on my C280 and the steering is tight and I don't notice any loosness in the font end.

I did have rear pads put on today and asked about aftermarket pads. My mechanic said I could go with aftermarket, if I didn't mind noise. He subtly recommended I stay with the soft oem pads as he's done other pads for customers who return after a week and want the oems put on. Yea, I don't like the dust, but I love the way the oems stop and I don't like noisy brakes Price: $43 for 4 rear Mercedes brake pads.

Old 11-01-2005, 03:48 PM

The car has been all over the road for the past two months or so, and keeping it straight took a lot more imput then normal. I also had a terrible squeal in the brakes, when I went to the shop and I have done business with them a long time, for the brakes and they found the right front wheel had a lot of play, also the my disc were shot. I asked him about tightening the tie rods up, and I was told, they will just loosen up again down the road. I did some research and found some models before July 99 have had tie rod problems, my car was produced in April of 99, as I remember. Also both sides have to be replaced as on my car the replacement is a rack both right and left inner and outer rods, but the worm and roller. But I got a excellent discount from the supplier. The parts are OEM but a lot less then a dealer would charge.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:23 AM

I don't know if you can find out whose shocks they are. However, Mercedes uses Sachs & Bilstein for shocks and Eibach and H&R for springs.
From what I've been told, there are only a handful of companies that produce shocks. One may see many different brand names, but they are made to spec. by one of these few companies. Sachs is an enormous shock supplier to the world.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM

I had the shop check the shocks and the bushings on the lower fron control arms and the rear sway bars and they all are fine. There have been some long treads concerning wandering Mercedes cars. Some say they are built for driver imput as the germans don't want to fall asleep driving on the autobahn at 130mph. I have changed tires and still wandering, some call it riding the grooves in the highway. Steering response is very quick and there is no bounce if a hit a pump or once in awhile a pot hole. I have read in some auto magazine a while back that steering has never been a Benz strong suit, but with the steer by wire is supposed to correct this. After the shop is finished with the install I am having the front and rear alignment down at a performance alignement shop. Also I run tires 1 width wider then stock, so that effects handling. They ar great on turns but made the wandering a little more wondering why?

Old 11-03-2005, 03:19 PM

I have changed tires and still wandering,
I do notice a very slight wandering while crusing down the highway. I was attributing it to the mediocre tires that came with the car.

Wizard, you use Conti's, no? I really hate wandering steering. I was thinking a tire with a directional tread pattern might make a difference.

Is you car still in the shop having the ti-rods replaced? If so, perhaps that will straighen things out?

Old 11-03-2005, 06:06 PM

i have a bit of wandering on my wheels.

i link the problem to tire hopping caused by cheap tires that can never be balanced.

i am getting better tires next time.

i must agree these cars are not built for the most luxurious rides.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: RockSolid

I don't know if you can find out whose shocks they are. However, Mercedes uses Sachs & Bilstein for shocks and Eibach and H&R for springs.
From what I've been told, there are only a handful of companies that produce shocks. One may see many different brand names, but they are made to spec. by one of these few companies. Sachs is an enormous shock supplier to the world.
From past experience, I thought sometimes part numbers can be cross reference or if you get really into examining the part, they can give you clues. For example, I think some "Mercedes" stereos had Beckers stickers when you remove them from their place? I think the current base C240 stereos are supplied by Becker. Call me a rice boy or whatever, I like to acknowledge the suppliers on my cars. While I don't plan to put an AMG sticker on my MB, if it has parts from Becker, Wurth, Bosch, Michelin and Sachs, I won't hesitate to put those on my car.