Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Light SOckets in C240

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Default RE: Light SOckets in C240

Hi, it looks like I'm having the exact problem described here. F,R signal lamp stopped working. Two weeks later F,L signal lamp stopped working. Bought new bulbs and replaced them and they still don't work.

There's a listing on ebay currently for W203 turn signal sockets (Part #: 203-826-02-82). Are these the replacement sockets? I don't see any white or brown wires here.

big version: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/...4daa1b6d_o.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Default Blinker Socket

Hey, i have a '02 C240 and every time it rains my blinker stops working and there is a corrosion build up on the connection. So i asked my dealer and they told me it would just keep doing the same thing if i just replaced the bulb. So i got the Upgrade kit for the Blinker lamp socket that is suppose to stop it from going out durring wet weather. I was told that the cost to install it would be $100+ so i just got the part. Does anyone know how to replace it?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 AM

Can you explain to me how to change to the new blinker socket. I got it already but cant find where it goes.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 AM

How did you make out on your problem. What was the solution? I'm having the same difficulty.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by gpon888
How did you make out on your problem. What was the solution? I'm having the same difficulty.
once you buy the upgrade kit there will be 2 wires coming out of the back of the new socket. Put the new bulb in the new socket and switch out the socket (they twist then pull out). The brown wire with the metal loop at the end is the ground wire. You can put it with all the other ground wires located behind the light fixture. The other wire that is white will have a plug looking thing on the end of it. This plug is useless so just cut it off (i used hot wax to seal the end of the wire after i cut it). Then look for an oval plug on the grill side of the light fixture. There is a plug for each side. Compare the colors of the wires from each plug. They will match up in color except for one of the wires which will vary in color from the other side, thats the blinker wire. Now splice the white wire to the wire you just found and its fixed. e-mail me at prescottrowe@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Talking DIY homemade bulb socket

[quote=chantastic;103898]Hi, it looks like I'm having the exact problem described here. F,R signal lamp stopped working. Two weeks later F,L signal lamp stopped working. Bought new bulbs and replaced them and they still don't work.

There's a listing on ebay currently for W203 turn signal sockets (Part #: 203-826-02-82). Are these the replacement sockets? I don't see any white or brown wires here.

Thanks in advance.[/quote/]

It is not about the us$44 price on eBay. It is about MB thinks we are stupid. Apply some glue to seal the small holes on socket.

Evo3

Attached Thumbnails  Light SOckets in C240-imag0120_resize.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-imag0121_resize.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-imag0123_resize.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-imag0127_resize.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-imag0128_resize.jpg  

Last edited by evo3_300zxtt; 06-27-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Default problem with light socket c240 2003

Many thanks to anyone who has posted helping tricks on this light socket problem, bought the replacement kit from dealer $47, and here are photos:

It took me a little while to figure out the blinking light wire, before I actually cut the replacement white wire (connecting the relay or fuse looking thing), just in case I couldn't fixed it and had to bring to dealer for repair and didn't want to spend another $47.

The replacement kit of signal light as mentioned previous thread, brown wire to the ground of chasis and white wire connecting to the relay/fuse looking thing. I splitted the white/black from the headlight plug into the white wire of the replacement kit. I did cut the replay/fusing looking thing after testing out that I didn't really need it (If you don't want to cut it, then you have to DIY a female clip into the male pong inside the relay/fuse connector hole #1. I did a DIYconnector, but frequently losing contact connection and so decided to cut it). The red wire was used to test the wire with multimeter to see the voltage and to make sure no shortage see pic #3.

How to use multimeter to find blinking wire? See pic 1, 2, 3; the headlight plug have five wires, black/grey, Black/yellow, black/white, brown, and black white. See pic1, I splitted with the black/white at the end. To double check it, using the multimeter, I tested all the pin in that headlight plug, whether your engine on or off, wires of black/grey, black/yellow, and brown showed no voltage, the black/white wire before the brown showed 10 - 13volts, whether engine on or off, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WIRE, don't know that wire's for. However, the black/white wire after the brown wire has a 1.10 - 1.25V whether engine on or off, and compared the other signal light pins showed similar voltage. When engine on and signal light flashes on, using the multimeter, the black/white wire would remained the same voltage 1.10- 1.25V, unless you connect the signal bulb into the replacement socket kit, then it would show different voltages fluctuating, and that's the blinking wire. If you measured continuity from the black/white wire and the brown wire connected to the chasis, there would no continuity unless you placed a new signal bulb into the replacement socket kit. For those first time using multimeter, setting at DC voltage 20V and red pointer line contact to wire pin and black pointer line contact to brown wire ground chasis see pic. If you have questions, email pheysome1@hotmail.com.

Attached Thumbnails  Light SOckets in C240-img_0741.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-img_0742.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-img_0743.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-img_0745.jpg    Light SOckets in C240-img_0758.jpg