Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather stain?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Default Leather stain?

The leather interior of my car is pretty much flawless, except for on the seat of the front drivers side chair. There is a faint blue line right across where you sit down. The guy at the car wash told me it's probably dye from blue jeans? It sounds like it makes sense. But I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? And is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Default RE: Leather stain?

I have the same problem. What color is your leather? Mine is "Parchment" or very light brown. There is a blue area about 2 inches high and as wide as the whole seatback right in the area where the driver would sit and the waist area of the pants would touch the seat, presumably from the blue jeans I wear (Diesel, Levis some other brands..). This is annoying and I have found no way to remove the stain. You can buy a new seat but that's a lot of $$$ You can try scotchgard on the seat to keep it from getting worse.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: stevel

I have the same problem. What color is your leather? Mine is "Parchment" or very light brown. There is a blue area about 2 inches high and as wide as the whole seatback right in the area where the driver would sit and the waist area of the pants would touch the seat, presumably from the blue jeans I wear (Diesel, Levis some other brands..). This is annoying and I have found no way to remove the stain. You can buy a new seat but that's a lot of $$$ You can try scotchgard on the seat to keep it from getting worse.
I believe it's the same color as yours like a light brown/faint tan almost off white color. I have never seen anything like this on leather. Is it only Mercedes that this happens to? I have friends with cars older than mine with the same type of leather but they don't have this problem, and they wear blue jeans all the time. The people at the detailing wash told me they could take it out for me for about $40. I might as well give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, I'll just get my money back anyways. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't really want to buy a new seat because it sounds like it will just happen again. What model/year is your car?

Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 AM

same problem back in 2000 on my ash clk interior and now on my 2007 sahra beige leather interior...
i had MB replace the seat on my 2000 may have to do that route on the 07 also

Old 03-26-2007, 06:53 PM

The grey color on the top of my c230k sport is wearing off. it looks terrible. is there any way to restore the color. i used a leather cleaner but it not dirty, just worn off.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM

pipeing hot soapy water then dry it of then clean it with a good leather cleaner then you should be sorted mate

Old 03-29-2007, 11:13 AM

Mr. Cleans Miracle Eraser will remove that, guaranteed!

http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/..._cleaner.shtml

Good Luck!