Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod in the C class

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Default iPod in the C class

new to the forum! looks like a great place.

my wife and i are planning to purchase a 2006 c280. we've decided against the 6 disc changer and would prefer the iPod adaptor. does anyone have the iPod adaptor, if so what do you think of it?

Old 02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Default RE: iPod in the C class

You can connect OEM iPod kit on your vehicle.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:26 AM

I have the I have the iPod adapter hooked up in my car

But I dont have my Ipod yet. I'll get back to you when I do

Old 04-04-2006, 03:37 PM

The iPod kit is OK, you can't get the volume up very high. I still like my 6-disc CD-Changer, the music clarity is better and I can crank it up more. The controls are great for the iPod, very intuitive (minus the fact the down arrow goes forward, which is the reverse for CDs). I like the full control of the iPod and it will be complimentary to other music sources, but I would not ditch the CD changer.

Only complaint is sometimes the entire fiber optic network is messed up by the iPod. I don't blame the integration kit, but on occasion this will result in loss of Audio / Phone menus in the fiber optic ring. The iPod screen gets scrambled and then its lack of communication to the fiber optics causes the next two units to crap out in the MFD (audio / phone). Only way to fix it is to turn the car off and wait for the MFD to go black. This happens only rarely, but it will happen. Unsure if there is a fix yet, but I have always suspected the iPod itself. It can be tempermental, but since the last iPod updater (1-2006 for the iPod photo) it hasn't happened as often.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:07 PM

I had the iPod adaptor fitted to my C230 06 and it works fine no volumn problems. The MB logo appears in the iPod screen when connected in the Glove box. You may have to adjust the volumn settings in iTunes prior to downloading to the iPod. The track information appears in between the dials but not on the Command. If the track titles are too long, they get trunkated.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Volume settings on the iPod itself do NOT matter once it is plugged into the integration kit. It is misleading to tell people the volume is as loud as the CD or CD changer. That was my only point, volume cannot be cranked as high with the iPod versus the CD. I have the Entertainment Package H/K system, so maybe it doesn't get that loud with the standard audio to begin with.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:04 PM

As I said there is a sound check in Edit/Preferences/Playback in iTunes.

Sound Check is a feature that allows you to hear all of your songs at approximately the same volume. You can turn Sound Check on and off in the Effects pane of iTunes preferences.

How it works

When Sound Check is on, iTunes scans the songs in your library and computes characteristics of their playback volume. As new songs are added, iTunes computes this information in the background. This data is stored in either the "normalization information" ID3 tag or the iTunes Music Library database. The audio data in your music files is never changed. If you encode or "rip" a song with iTunes, the sound check level is stored in the song's ID3 tags. For songs that were encoded with iTunes 1 or iTunes 2, or another application, the sound check levels are stored in the iTunes Music Library database.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:22 AM
jhi

I have an Ipod Interface Kid on my Audio 20 radio.
It works absolutly perfect together with my Harman Kardon System.
Make sure the quality of your MP3 are high enough (192kps).

The only problem I have is that I cannot navigate throught the menu using the buttons on my steering wheel.
Each time I click on the phone button get 'Function not availbale'. It looks like it's looking for a phone.
Anyone has the same problem?
This buttom should work according to the manual.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jhi

I have an Ipod Interface Kid on my Audio 20 radio.
It works absolutly perfect together with my Harman Kardon System.
Make sure the quality of your MP3 are high enough (192kps).

The only problem I have is that I cannot navigate throught the menu using the buttons on my steering wheel.
Each time I click on the phone button get 'Function not availbale'. It looks like it's looking for a phone.
Anyone has the same problem?
This buttom should work according to the manual.
You need to get your phone menu activated in the instrument cluster (with Stardiagnose, at the dealer). After this reprogramming has been done, you should be able to control your iPod kit with the steering wheel buttons.

greetingz,

BigSis