Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need your sympaty

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Default I need your sympaty

Hi all, i read alot on this forum but this time it's my turn. I bought a 2002 C230 Komp. Used of course. I got a 30 days warranty..but after 15 days the check engine light came on. So i went to the dealer where i bought it , they took the code but didn't fix the problem cause they didn't know what the cause was. While waiting for them to get the code throught MB dealer...the check engine light turn on once again but this time the error "gas tank open" showed up in the display. I called the dealership to advice him of the error code might be it. 3 months later 5 phones call later i finally got an appointement to the dealership to get it fix. 24hours later still no news... ....

Got a oil change the other day...they put valvoline 5w20 ...no synthetic oil....would that matter????

My intention is to do another oil change at 3500kms instead of waiting for 6000kms....should i change it right away to syntetic????

To comeback to my dealership having a hard time to fix my car...make sure i wont be back there after i get my car back...

And by the way..thank you to all who write in this forum with intelligent and helpfull tips...

Note: Did you ever have that happen to you???
Cops stop me for speeding , and first question they ask me , if the car is mine??? Man i feel real important now....

i'm proud of my MB....

Mike

Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Default RE: I need your sympaty

Your problem could be as simple as a faulty gas cap - or worse just a loose cap (your fault!).

Check your manual and see what the Manufactrurer Recomended Oil Type is. If the manual says "Synthetic" then the Dealer has some 'splanin to do! If that is the case make them change the oil again and use synthetic (you may have to pay extra for that!).

If you read my previous post, my local dealer spilled oil down on my floor pan during my $240 oil change and it made quite a mess....

-Eric

Old 02-21-2007, 05:46 PM

I have an '03 C230K and I had the check engine light come on a while back, couldn't figure out what it was but it turned out in the end that it was the gas cap. (I should have figured that out when it went away after I filled the tank again...) That would be an easy fix lol. Usually though there are supposed to be codes or something that the dealer can get to and figure out what the error is...

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 AM

Me again. I pick up my car today.....They only reset the code (P2032). Thast is the second time that code appear...according the link http://www.autoshoppingcenter.com/OB...ublecodes.html
It's a gas temperature sensor circuit low(bank 1 sensor 2). I found that on the web. They say at the dealer they could found what was the code all about. As for the cap not being close properly well that is the indication i get in my display in the car but with the code is seem to be different.

I might sound dumm but i did check if the cap was close properly and if it seals also...Like you guys mention it might be a defect one....

Thank you all for your input....always nice to know someone is listning...not like my dealership where i bought the car....

Mike

Old 04-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Me again. Dealer finaly fixed the problem i had. code(p2032) supposely!! ...this morning coming to work i got that indication gas cap open ...of course it wasn't...the check engine light didn't stay on as i turn off engine and started again....

My question is,, even tho a sensor was change could it be possible other sensor would be affected ????

tks in adv...