Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

I NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Default I NEED HELP!!!

Hey everyone!
I'm planning on buying a c230 kompressor coupe with 34,000 miles in the next few days. I might get stuck with a blue one, i have been trying to find a white or red one but it seems in CT every dealer has silver or black models. I need some advice and opinions about this car and how it runs!!! I'ma 20 year old female and i want a fun car with a sporty lookthat runs well. What do you think?

Old 06-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Default RE: I NEED HELP!!!

I bought my 2002 C230K (6 spd) new in the fall of 2001. It now has about 24K on it. The only problems I have had with the car was a faulty ignition coil on the #1 cylinder. Which was discovered and fixed by the dealer under warranty when I had it in for service. I recently replaced the battery after the car sat unused for three months. The car is as tight and solid as it was when new almost six years ago and I still get tremondous joy out of driving it.

As applies for buying any used car, get as much history as you can on it even contacting the previous owner if you can and have a qualified mechanic check it out even if you have to pay for it.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:50 PM

hey my advice from experience i had a coupe c230 kompressor and bought it brand new a year and a half later and countless stressful trips to mb garage i was told by several owners of the c230 sedans they are much better. This winter i purchased a brand new 2006 c230 sport sedan and happy to say 17214 miles later i have done one b service at 240 bucks and thats the only time ive been to the shop. The couple i had was silver and when i traded it in 3 different delears told me 80% of mercedes sold are black and there for silver were worth less so i headed this advice and bought a black 2006 im very happy with it.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 AM

Isn't it interesting that......dealerships told you silver was "worth less" than another color.
This one goes down in the book of dealership quotes if I ever heard one. That's classic.
Go on Kelley Blue Book and see if it's "worth less" if your car is silver.
Enough said.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:16 AM

I suggest getting red one since it's much rarer than the rest. It will surely run well.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Hi carbnfibrstilettos,

What a great question! And you asked the right group too. I personally have a couple of things to say on the subject.

1) Regarding color, I wouln't let ANYONE push you into one color over the other. They of course will try to sell you what is on their lot, rather than what is best for you. Remember, YOU have to live with this car and look at it everyday, so it better be a color you like.

2) My wife was a fashion model when she was younger,andquite an artist. She seriously hasan acute talent for art, color, fashion etc.
Color is actually extremely complicated, andcan have an effect on your looks, your mood, and your attitude everyday.Your automobile is an extension of your dress/appearance, so it is important too. Try to get it right; think about these things. What color do you like? What color looks good on the car? Does this color compliment your "personal" colorscheme. Consider the color of the clothes that look best on you.

3) There's nothing wrong with blue; it is a beautiful color. Blondes look especially good in a blue or black car. Blue is quite rare on a Mercedes these days, nearly a special order. Mercedes are painted in darker, more formal colors these days, however for the very fashion and color-conscious, there is a dealer in Miami that does not hesitate to strip and repaintover a gothic color with bright turquois, metallic copper, metallic lavender, fucia or whatever, to meet the needs of its customers. These cars sell for a premium, and the paint work does not take away from the value, as a cheap re-paint may. Also you CAN special order ANY color you want from the factory or dealer, and it will be documented as the original color. The Dealer may tell you it cannot, to sell you a car in stock, but if they do, contact me and I will get someone from Germany to call you and show you otherwise. Last time I checked it was only $1500 extra for any color, but it takes time.

4) Resale value: Who are you buying this car for...YOU? or the next owner? If you get exactly what you want, like I did, you will never let that car go. It will look good on you forever. And if you keep it, it will become a classic. "Oh thats an unpopular color, it will affect resale value!" Bologna! I saw a "turquois blue" CLK for sale here, and it was selling for a discount, because this is the big city and people want formal colors like "black". What the seller is really saying, is that he is completely unaware that that same car would sell for a "bizzare premium" in Miami or LA. So get what you want.

5) Will it break? Yes it will. Not often though. If it is something minor, people in here will help you. If it is something big, get it fixed.
The trick with Mercedes is, if you're nice to them, they're nice to you, so be nice. They love people that admire their cars, and will jump through flaming hoops to help you, if you are nice.

Email me anytime

Blue