Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

GOT CAR BUT HELP!!!wife locked keys in car HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Default RE: wife locked keys in car HELP!

Ok, Great

Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 PM

Ok, we got the car trunk open. Got the keys, reset the windows and sunroof but the trunk latch doesn't work, the phone keeps going off with a busy sound and half the gauges incuding the gas gauge are not working. Oh and the gas door is locked now when I didn't even know it could lock.
Help......

Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Ok, status change but not much.
At this time, the phone stopped trying to call out, but the blinkers, gas gauge do not work, the Gas door is locked even with the rest of the doors unlocked, the trunk won't open electronically or even make a noise. It only opens with the mechanical key, the key fob no longer works.
When the lock smith un-hooked the battery, he jacked my car. I also noticed that the ECU plug cap was off, so I know he connected to it. I also connected to it and there are no error messages or malfuntions in the ECU. The only malfunction it says is a gauge malfunction which is the gas gauge. But why are the blinkers not working? It's all very strange.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Default RE: GOT CAR BUT HELP!!!wife locked keys in car HELP!

Ok, so I took it to Atlanta Classic Cars and they did a analysis on it and found that the "Sam(s)" computer in the rear of the car is bad. They also said that there is no way that disconnecting the battery could have made it go bad. I told them there is no way that my wife could have done this so it had to be something that the locksmith did. In reality there is no way my wife could have driven the car with it broken because the gas gauge doesn't work and the gas filler door is locked now and won't open.
How much is a SAM computer for 01' C320? Anyone know where I can find this computer?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 AM

Sorry wasn't checking up. Sounds a bit odd. Anyway sounds poss. it could be the rear sam. It's in the trunk on the left hand side (where the fuses go. You'll have to pull that panel off. Only thing is morethan likleyit may need to be programed with the SDS. I'll check on that tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:49 PM

Atlanta Classic Cars called today and said they woudl take care of it, free of charge. NICE dealership. I recommend them to all. My mom and sister love them as well.

Way to stand behind the product ACC.