Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical / Alarm Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Default Electrical / Alarm Problems

Hello All,

My 1999 C280 is having all kinds of electrical and alarm problems.

The fob is not responding (changed the batteries just to make sure). With the fob not responding, I cannot get into the trunk and disconnect the battery in an effort to reset the system. When I take the mechanical key out of the fob and try and open the trunk it will just lock and unlock the doors. The push button release on the trunk does nothing, and the button inside the car to open the trunk does nothing as well.

I can get into the car using the mechanical key, but as soon as I do the alarm starts. The alarm goes on for roughly 30 seconds then goes away for a few minutes. I can drive the car, but the alarm and headlight/taillight flashing comes on every five minutes or so for about 30 seconds.

Last night I charged the battery with a float charger via the charging terminals under the hood near the fusebox just to make sure my battery was at 100%, but that didn't help.

Any advice would be much much appreciated. Thanks.