Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Dumbass Tire Tech

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Default RE: Dumbass Tire Tech

I think most people would be fine with paying for a good job if they knew it would be done well and guaranteed. At least I would.
I would too. I'd rather pay $100 and get a problem resolved with one visit than pay $25 five or six times and still have the problem after spending $125 or $150. What's truly sickening is when you pay hundreds of dollars for each of five or six trips to a dealership and never get your problem resolved. Given the choices, I'd most like to avoid the latter.

As for those investigations, they target shops that have had complaints filed against them. Most shops are honest.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:59 PM

There was more than one reason I didn't go to the dealership. It wasn't just the price, though that was a big factor. Back in November when I bought this new 230, the dealership needed an extra form signed to get my title to my ML which I traded (wifes name was on it too and I didn't know until after). Weeks went by but we never received a phone call saying that the title was there or we needed to come in to sign off her side after the lein was released. She called them after a few weeks to find out why they never called her and they told her she had already signed it. We went down and got copies of the paperwork and the signitures aren't ours. It was in fact the first time my wife had ever been there, so how the hell did she sign anything? Additionally the address on that particular form they needed signed by her wasn't even our address. Rather than take a few minutes to call us in to sign more paperwork, they forged both our names on the documents that had her name and obviously never planned on telling anyone, thinking nobody would ever know the difference. Needless to say I don't trust them very much anymore, for sales, service or anything else. The dealership name is Mercedes of North Olmsted in Ohio.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the Info Rainman15 If i were u i'd report them to MBUSA and also try to get them on forgery charges that is uncalled for and no way to due business. I remember the problems u had with ur ML. I would try to get there MB contract and business licencse pulled if u have the time and the want to do so.

Who knows maybe u could get MBUSA to give u a set of wheels so u dont have to switch tires between wheels anymore.