Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Is this car EU4 compliant?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Default Is this car EU4 compliant?

Hello,

I am currently working in Saudi Arabia. I am planning to buy a new 2005 MB 230K saloon.
My intention is to keep the car and take it back to my country, Romania.
Knowing that from 1st Jan 2005, in all Europe it will become mandatory the EU4 standard (for emissions control), I would like to make sure that the car complies with EU4.
Unfortunatelly, the dealer could not give me any information related to this, here not being any standards related to emissions.

Does anybody know if this model is EU4 compliant? From what I could find out, the engine should be EU4 and the car must be equipped with EOBD (european on board diagnostics).

The details I could get from the dealer are:
the model type - 203040 1F 604499 and a
VIN number of a car they have in the showroom, similar to the one I am planning to buy: WDBRF40H95F580385

Thank you,
Marius Badanau

Old 10-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Default RE: Is this car EU4 compliant?

It seems to me that the dealer could find the answer for you by making a few phone calls into the heirarchy of MB. If you dug deep enough, you could probably find a phone number for a MB factory representative yourself.

Is there a window sticker on that car in the showroom? Is there any emissions info on it?

Old 10-15-2004, 10:33 AM

Hi,

Actually I am trying to persuade the dealer to get an official answer from MB.
The main issue is that the dealer here does not understand very well what EU4 means. Here there is no standard for emissions, so they have no ideea about this.
At some point, they tried to convince me, saying that they believe the engine is Euro6 compliant...
Anyway, they promised that they will try to find out about this issue.
But, is anyway better to have a second opinion!

On the car in the showroom I could not see any sticker on the windows.
It might be something in the engine compartment, but I did not know where to look or for what to look...

Actually, I already preordered the car, according to my preferences and it is scheduled to go production in November. This is why I am trying to get all the info I can find so I can make sure the car will be OK from all the points of view.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:31 PM

Look under the hood, there should be a sticker identifying which emission standard(s) it meets.

The data I've found showed the car meets EU3 standard, with 195g/km CO2 level.
But Mercedes can sell it (2005 models) iin EU, then it must meet the standards.
Saudi Arabia should get the same cars sd EU market. Why waste money?
Unless the gasoline/petrol sold in Saudi Arabia is very different from what EU offers