Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C240

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Default C240

Heeelp!!! Any one out there experienced this problem before that can offer any cheap solution.

I keep loosing the facility of the radio key opener, the front interior light and the drivers door window refuses to work. I can cure these problems for a limited time by disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. However, hours/days later the problems re-appear. Frustrating to say the least and I fear a hugley expensive MB repair. Is there any known problem/cure. I cant keep jumping up and down like Basil Fawlty each time this bug appears, but I swear. I will whip the thing to within 1 inch of its life if it doesnt stop it !!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Default RE: C240

If they both happen at the same time, it could be something upsetting the communication network. I suggest you get your dealer to carry out a diagnostic check and if there are CAN faults, get them to check the CAN network stability. These type of faults can sometimes be caused by something in the network which appears to be nothing with the actual fault. ie the fault may be in the control unit in one of the rear doors. Hopefully the diagnostic check will show something more definite and related.