Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C230 Sports Package Brakes and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Default C230 Sports Package Brakes and Rotors

My brake signaling light has alerted me on my instrument panel. After looking at the car, the technician told me I will need to replace both the front and back rotors and pads. He said he would try to leave the front rotors if he could, but then told me they were worn below the specs. The car has 55K miles, mostly city driving. Does this sound correct? The technician is in a BP station I have been going to for over 10 year and I know the guys pretty well. They quoted me $700 for the front and $300 for the back, does this sound about right or do I have other options. No other work done on the car except for tire changes and oil changes.
Thank you,
Lisa

Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Default answer

Don't spend the money in a dealership.

Go to lordco or west can or parts shop and get all the parts yourself.

Negotiate on rotors, negotiate on pads. you will also need 1 sensor for the front and one sensor for the back. sensors are 10 bucks each. pads should be no more then 50 for the front and 50-60 for the back. rotors should be 60 each fronts and backs.

find any mechanic who does breaks and they will replace them for no more then 160.00 bucks - this job is very easy and should take no longer then 2 Hrs.

I got ripped off the first time and learned my lesson. good luck. don't spend that money. breaks are easy. just make sure you buy quality pads and rotors and negotiate with the parts company selling them to you.

Good luck

Old 04-05-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by rorymcmillan88
Don't spend the money in a dealership.

Go to lordco or west can or parts shop and get all the parts yourself.

Negotiate on rotors, negotiate on pads. you will also need 1 sensor for the front and one sensor for the back. sensors are 10 bucks each. pads should be no more then 50 for the front and 50-60 for the back. rotors should be 60 each fronts and backs.

find any mechanic who does breaks and they will replace them for no more then 160.00 bucks - this job is very easy and should take no longer then 2 Hrs.

I got ripped off the first time and learned my lesson. good luck. don't spend that money. breaks are easy. just make sure you buy quality pads and rotors and negotiate with the parts company selling them to you.

Good luck
I don't know where you guys are located, but Here in Tx the Midias shop I use for my auro needs allows me to purchase the parts seperately and they do the installion...they have always provided good quality work, when I provide the parts needed. Search around first and see if the guy you use has given you a fair price.