Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Battery for Key - How to Open

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Default Battery for Key - How to Open

Hi MB owners!

Simple question - how do I open my key to get and replace the battery?

Any suggestion where to buy the replacement battery?

Thanks
MB C230

Old 07-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Battery for Key - How to Open

was it 1, 2 or 3 button type?

battery can be bought from many place. just match the number.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 AM

If it is the 3 button type as in my W203, slide the plastic (grooved) **** at the top away from the key. remove the key.
Insert the front end of the key into the space above the key holder. There is a spring mounted plastic thing. Push it with the key and at the same time pull the top section of the plastic holder out. You should be able to see where the top section is attached to the rest of the key holder. The two batteries slide out with the holder.
There is a thin metal strip holding down the batteries.
Release the clip and remove the batteries. MAKE NOTE OF THE POLARITY OF THE BATTERIES BEFORE YOU REMOVE THEM.
The 2 batteries are in series - one negative touching the other positive.
You can buy the batteries in any mart selling watch batteries. Get the correct number - CR 2025, 3V.
Shan.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Shan

If it is the 3 button type as in my W203, slide the plastic (grooved) **** at the top away from the key. remove the key.
Insert the front end of the key into the space above the key holder. There is a spring mounted plastic thing. Push it with the key and at the same time pull the top section of the plastic holder out. You should be able to see where the top section is attached to the rest of the key holder. The two batteries slide out with the holder.
There is a thin metal strip holding down the batteries.
Release the clip and remove the batteries. MAKE NOTE OF THE POLARITY OF THE BATTERIES BEFORE YOU REMOVE THEM.
The 2 batteries are in series - one negative touching the other positive.
You can buy the batteries in any mart selling watch batteries. Get the correct number - CR 2025, 3V.
Shan.
I have a TWO button remote for my 02--the instructions are the same including the battery type. If the remote doesn't function after a battery change, it is resynchronized by simply inserting the key in the starter switch.