Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B Service Performed

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Default B Service Performed

Hey , I was looking to see if some techs on this forum can help me out.
Despite my reservations I worked on a 03 c320 for a customer. Did the B service, changed the oil, airfilters and cabin airfilter. Well ...I did it to try and help the customer save some money and since I am a technician I figured its a pretty straight foward job. Like I said I did the oil change and other stuff ...all basic. I returned the car and it was ok. A day later she is complaining that it stutters and I go and check it out. It feels like a misfire. At this point a lot of things seem to be going wrong with her car and its after I touched it. I'm expierence enough to know sometimes ...when you work on a car afterwards **** happens sometimes even though the problems are not related to what you may have done to it you know? Any who. I know the oil capacity on that car is 8 qts. I put in right about 7.5 to be safe. This wouldn't cause the misfire type feeling would it? To me, I believe coniencidently, she has a intermintant misfire from a coil pack. Anyone expeirence this problem before? Any help would be great. I'm a import tech and working on a german car is really not my thing but I tried and now even though the work was simple enough, Im regretting even working on this car period.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Default RE: B Service Performed

Just wanted folks to know what ended up being the problem. Might help someone else later down the road. So, the lady took it to a dealer because they were doing a free clinic for customers today. She had it all check out for her free of charge and they gave her a list of things. She totally forgot about the hesitation deal untill when they gave her the list and she ask the mechanic. He replies , " oh, thats the battery, its got a dead cell " . Coincidently, it just happen to happen when I worked on the car. I was soooo freaking relieved. I still feel responsible for wat ever reason but it feels good to be vindicated in a way. So, any other mb owners with this issue...just for the benifit of a doubt, check your battery first.