Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

anyone EXTRUDEHONE their headers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:37 PM
mlg
Default anyone EXTRUDEHONE their headers??

may be a less costly alternative to expensive header swap thoughts , experience thnx mike

Old 03-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Default RE: anyone EXTRUDEHONE their headers??

I wouldn't say this would be a "less costly" move...the prices for their services aren't inexpensive by any means and in
most cases,you could buy a set of headers for what it costs to Extrudehone a pair of cast iron manifolds. This process, which
is a good one, is similar to the old-style porting of cyl. heads. It leaves a nice, smooth finish and does in fact increase velocity
for more hp. Would it be more effective than adding a set of headers over a cast iron exhaust manifold? No. Typically done on
the intake manifold and cylinder heads, either one or both, and even used by Ford and Cadillac from the factory in
some engines, it is recognized as the hi-tech way to port engine parts and increase the velocity of the flow. You can see all the
technical info. on it by searching Extrudehone on a google search.The Bonehead site has most of it for you to read. As a Viper owner,
I can tell you some of the club members have done it. The intake manifold alone, after you remove it and send it to them, is $788
and the cyl. heads are $1,080. So, it's a nice process but not cheap. I myself would not spend the money to do a cast iron exhaust
manifold (stock older type, not header type) unless it was something like an old 426 hemi from the period and I didn't want to put
headers on it. Something like that. One nice thing about it....nobody knows you have done it and you do get a hp increase. But
at a price. Hope this helps you. So much info. on the website I hesitate to bore you any further.

PS>I'm not bashing the product.....they do a VERY nice job and it's beautiful when you get the parts back from them.