Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone do a chip and pulley mod?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Default Anyone do a chip and pulley mod?

I have seen advertisements for underpulley drive for the C class supercharger with a chip. Has anyone performed this modification to a 2005 c230 sport sedan? How difficult / costly to install?

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/tun...erformancekits

Old 12-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Anyone do a chip and pulley mod?

There are many pro's and con's about underdrive pulley's, personnally I would stay away from them, Yes you might pick up a bit of HP, but your AC, Alternator, camsshaft will all be out of factory specs. Chips is another story, there is a company, which I looked for on my favorite sites and cannot locate. However, on my C280 model year 99 it claimed only a 10HP increase and either 15ftlbs or 20ftlbs or additional torque. Also, the computer has to be taken out and mailed to the company. Also, if they don't have the mapping for your particular engine, they have to send to Germany for the correct mapping chip.

I added a CAI intake to my car, and at 3K RPM there is a noticeable increase in acceleration and torque. If you have the 5 speed electronic tranny. Have is reset back to factory default and as it is self programming by driver input. select 4th (sport mode) and drive the car the way you want it to shift and downshift. It takes a while for the adjustments to "take." Then do the same with D. These two modes made my car a much better performing car then stock.

You have an entirely different engine in your car. The underdrive pulley will probably add more boost to the SC, something you might regret as far as longevity of the motor. Mercedes designs cars the way they are when you buy it, if they wanted you to change it, they Mercedes would be in the aftermarket performance business? Go get an AMG model and you'll have a reliable, and fast car.