Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 c200 CGI suspension and stalling/engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Default 2011 C200CGI stalling issues

I am new to this forum but not new to Mercedes, I am based in US. I own 7 Mercedes : 107, 124, 126 and 140 cars. I am visiting my family in India and was shocked by the dishonesty of the local Mercedes dealer. My brother bought a 2011 C200CGi and they have put only 2049 km in 1 year they had it. Lots of problems but mainly stalling. 1st time it stalled in early january 2013. Car was towed to dealer and they fixed it - no details on what was found wrong. It stalled again 2 days later and again had to be towed to the dealer. They claimed that they found diesel in the tank (no indication why and how they reached that conclusion). Even if diesel was mixed by crooked gas station, solution would have been to just drain it according to experts in US forums I belong to. They drained the tank, removed injectors to clean, replaced fuel pump, gas tank sending units, etc. and billed my family close to US $3,000. When one of the power seat stopped working, they claimed "misuse" and billed for it also. I am baffled at the notion of misuing power seats! The car is still on warranty and I am convinced this is a crooked dealer. I read some posts in this forum and it appears stalling is a common problem with this car.
I want to report this to the highest up in the Mercedes Benz chain in India as well as Dr. Dieter Zetsche at Daimler (if I can locate his email address). In US, I will head straight to court but not sure what I should do in India.
Any suggestion and help appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by Sksaha; 08-02-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=preisst;146621]Traveled on a busy freeway last week and the car stalled and I lost all power. Next morning it happened again on a suburban street. Workshop tested car and blamed bad fuel. i don't trust that diagnosis at all I must admit but have no choice.

What did they do about "bad fuel" and how much did they charge? In my case they claimed thatnthey found diesel in the tank and replaced ain mump and auxilary rail pumps at a cost of US $2800. I am sure they made up this diesel thing. The car had stalled 2 days before stalling again. This is in India.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:07 AM
Default AC Problem

Originally Posted by Peterrwhyte
Jacfin
Interesting story. I have had the rattle for past 9 months and the car in dec 2010 model with approx 12000 km. I took it to the dealer who said they would replace both front shocks under warrantee ( of course). Seems like a common problem and a design fault.

The second issue is a very heavy droning noise from my a/c compressor which started to develop at about 10000km. They have reluctantly agreed to change the compressor as it has occurred before on a car with about 40000km. Anyone else had this issue? We use the a/c all the time so it can be a seal issue as a result of lack of use.

The third issue is a faulty front parking sensor which goes off after washing or in the rain almost every time. They say they will fix it at next service? Anyone had this problem?

Interested to know if these are common problems. Cheers
Hi,
I hv c200 CGI 2011 Model: Ac was working well. I went to attend a meeting in mumbai. after the meeting while coming back. Hot air was coming from Car ac inside.
I checked with couple of experts. All were saying compressor needs change. i am in a fix now and do not know how much i hv to spend in mumbai. my car has done about 70,000 KMS
can anyone guide me which is the best service centre in mumbai suburb?
does this cover under any warranty? I have full insurance for about 15 Lakhs.

Regards

Shekhar Rao
CEO
Phoenix Hospital