Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport "Airplane Noise on acceleration"

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Default 1999 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport "Airplane Noise on acceleration"

If you start to drive off and while driving you think you hear an airplane overhead, don't roll down the window and look for one. The airplane is you. Some people have called it a helicopter sound. If your driving in a safe place, put the car in neutral, turn off the engine and you will still here the airplane all the way till you stop. I have had so many people tell me that they had to replace their wheel bearings,rebuild their Supercharger, do a valve job, rebuilt their transmissions and buy new tires to get it to go away.

I am Nate Jaeger, the Entertainer and can afford to put a team on a problem until it is solved so let me save you some money. Mercedes knows exactly what is wrong, they even have a fix for it, but I have the free fix.

Put the car on a gas station rack and lift it up. Take a broom stick or other firm, long object and look under the car just behind the transmission. You will see your round flex joint (U-Joint) that connects your transmission to the long pipe called your drive shaft. Above the round plate with big bolts on its face you will see a material that surrounds the area from transmission to the end of the car. This is a 180 degree sound insulation sleeve. Notice that just above the U-joint-Flex disc or whatever you want to call it, there is scrape wear on the disc at some area and on the insulation above.

Now for the repair. Take your stick or pipe and push the insulation back up and away from the U-joint-flex plate etc. Push and stretch it back in to place. I just incised a small rubbing piece out of the insulation.

Now give up your fighter pilot jacket and goggles and enjoy your car. Don't pay thousands to people who giggle while they took your money. Notice they had a piece of broom stick in there hand when you paid them.

Enjoy

Nate Jaeger
...and the rest was Rock n'Roll...