Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

Keyless Go Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 07:44 AM
Default Keyless Go Problem

We recently purchased a 2015 MB with the Keyless Go feature. The car is Certified Pre-Owned with only 12,000 miles on it. We took it on a short trip and on day 2, all of a sudden, we were not able to start the car with the start button or lock of unlock the doors by using our hands (with key nearby). We were able to start the car by inserting the key in the ignition and we were able to lock and unlock the car using the remote key fob.

We called our dealer and were told to bring it in when we get back. They could not offer a solution over the phone.

So the problem continued for a couple days, then all of a sudden started working again.

Could anyone shed any light as to how this happened and whether there should be concern.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:08 PM

I would imagine that this setup is similar to BMWs and it sounds like the fob may needed to be charged - this is done by inserting it in the ignition. I would inquire with your dealer about this. Other members will likely chime in with their expertise as well.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
I would imagine that this setup is similar to BMWs and it sounds like the fob may needed to be charged - this is done by inserting it in the ignition. I would inquire with your dealer about this. Other members will likely chime in with their expertise as well.
Hmmm, very interesting. I did inquire from the dealer but haven't heard back. The fob is battery operated, would it still need to be charged?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by dsegel
Hmmm, very interesting. I did inquire from the dealer but haven't heard back. The fob is battery operated, would it still need to be charged?
I'm not sure if it's the same for MB, but for BMWs; yes, you're still able to charge it by putting the fob in the ignition even if it has a battery inside.