Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

forum terminology...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Default forum terminology...

If this info is somewhere already on here-- let me know. I'm sorry but I couldn't find it...just curious as to how people become tech certified, moderators, administrators?and then there'sstuff like "the rolling starts" vs "the new MF members" -- does that just have to do with how many posts you have?
Thanks!

*dreya

Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: forum terminology...

Yes, the title below your name all has to do with the number of posts you have.For every X amount it will change, I think there are like 10 total and there's a thread somewhere in this help and suggestion forum with the whole list

tech certified,
If you're a technician or I see that you know your stuff real good then they get the tech certification. It's just a method of having members know who to ask for a reliable answer.

moderators,
Again, if you know your stuff even at the basic level and you're active on the forum then there's a change you'll be appointed to be a moderator. Mods have the same power as members, but they can also edit/delete/move/lock/etc posts

administrators
Admins are basically the same as a mod except they can ban troublesome members by removing them from the site and blocking their IP address, which stops them from making another username and reregistering. All the admins I know have known someone way up who is either also an admin or the owner of the site. To be one you would have to have atleast basic knowledge, be very active, and know people.