Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

2009 Mercedes C300 Fault Codes P0451 & P0452

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 08:27 PM
Default 2009 Mercedes C300 Fault Codes P0451 & P0452

I have a 2009 Mercedes C300 I just got off an online auction. Never owned a Mercedes before and never had to work on my own vehicles before either, always had my dad and or spouse to take care of any and all vehicle maintenance or issues. Now I have me, myself, and I, and funds are extremely limited. So that being said, it turns on and runs and drives, the check engine light is on so I put it on a scanner and the only fault codes that come up are P0451 and P0452. all signs point to >>>> Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor. Right? or the the wiring or harness?? I'm going off of what I've been able to find on google. Could it be something else ? something super easy to fix myself since this stuff is definitely not in my areas of expertise. Someone recommended that I use a catalytic converter cleaner so I ordered one off of amazon and followed instructions exactly but fault codes still coming up. Also Im not sure if this is important or not or if it has anything to do with the codes or not but before i used the cleaner whenever I would turn the car on and it was running it smelled like it was overheating but the temp gauge never showed it overheating and still hasnt ever shown any kind of temp issues it was just the smell. Any information, suggestions, comments, and or knowledge is and will be much appreciated.