Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

Nitto INVO

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Thumbs up Nitto INVO

I finally got my new tires installed! and so far it's stickier than the PS2's but will see so far it has only 20 miles since yesterday. I still got my existing PS2s, still has a lot of thread life in them and still looks new. The shop did an 4 wheel alignment of course (new tires) but was impressed with the existing alignment condition of the wheel alignment before the adjustment. All they adjusted is the front toe which was off spec by -0.02deg. the total Front Toe is 0.18deg (dead center) Rear Total Toe is 0.43deg (almost dead on center by 0.03deg! and the total for the Trust Angle is 0.00deg! hahaha not bad for a lowered car set-up at all even the other guys that are watching said is that accurate? LMAO. I sanded my break rotors and repaste all four of my break pads since nobodys using the lift that day. So far I'm very happy with the handling of the car. I'll do a review after I put some miles Btw, I love the new valve stem I got from my friend that he got from Germany.

UPDATE:
Note: this is conducted in W210 E55 AMG with minor modifications (H&R Sport Spring, Bilstein Sport Shocks with #2 pads in front and #1 in rear, Reso delete, X-pipe). Tires are classified as Ultra High Performance with Performace Rating of WY. Current tire set up on 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 on AMG Mono Block Aero II. 18x8 and 18x9.

First thing I noticed about the Invo was the revolutionary and asymmetrical thread design. The outside shoulder was wide while the groove on the outside was thin making the surface shoulder block really large, it's comprised of sharp angles and criss cross grooves. The inner half is made up of solid block continuous piece (continuous inner rib provides stability under braking and accelaration) with large voids.
The first minute of driving around town, I did notice a difference between the Invo and my previous tire Michelin PS2's the difference is the noise. As I said before I found the Invo's are extremely quiet, compared to the previous tires I have used in the past Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 EMT; Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec.

Driving impression – Dry conditions
I did a high speed turn and I found the traction to be substantial with the car failing to break away (Electronic Stability Program Off), did also a high speed test on the freeways late at night and open lots, (did quick lane changes and the stability of the car felt noticeably better.) and was impressed how quiet the tires are but the grips are about the same. The comfort level was about the same as my previous tires Michelin PS2. I have not tested it for wet traction since the weather here in the bay area are always sunny.
Overall, I am happy and impressed by the Invo. I feel the Invo had better performance in dry weather compared to Goodyear Eagle F1 - GS-D3 and Dunlop Sport Z1 except for Michelin PS2.

Based on Nitto Overview:
The INVO – tread technology without compromise. This ultra-high performance tire refused to compromise on performance, ride refinement, or quality. State-of-the-art computer engineering and digital audio testing equipment produced a tread pattern that reduces perceived road noise, provide excellent comfort, and delivers exceptional traction in both and dry conditions. The result – a tread pattern that is unique and fuctional.

Attached Thumbnails Nitto INVO-pic-0003.jpg   Nitto INVO-pic-0029_1.jpg   Nitto INVO-pic-0030.jpg   Nitto INVO-pic-0034.jpg   Nitto INVO-pic-0038.jpg