Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

The Beast is arriving sooner, rather than later

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Default The Beast is arriving sooner, rather than later

Two weeks ago I placed an order for a white E55 with blue leather inserts and burl walnut. I ordered every option available except for the pano roof. My salesman called me this week and said that one of his customers has backed out on his order and I can have the allocation. Naturally, I took him up on his offer. My car will be built in 30 days and I will have it in 60 days, or around April 1st. Can't wait and I will certainly post photos when it arrives.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Default RE: The Beast is arriving sooner, rather than later

why white? isn't black better?but the blue leather seats are rather on the sporty side. i think your so-called beast has a perfect hand-made engine isn't it right ? hope to see your brand new E55 AMG soon.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:26 PM

For me, white is the most practical color. I live in Texas and dark colors on cars get incredibly hot in the summer. Another thing that I have found out from experience is that white tends to show dirt a little less, especially when the car is slightly soiled. I don't plan on letting it get very dirty, though. White is also easier to match when doing body repair. Accidents, small or otherwise, are an eventuality. I actually prefer the looks of white, especially with alloy wheels and a blue interior. And, lastly, white cars seem to attract less attention and tend to blend in with the crowd better than other colors, especially red.

Just my thoughts and motives for my color choice.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:43 AM

oh i see!

Old 02-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

i can't wait to see that car too!

Old 02-11-2005, 04:20 PM

Agree with white color ! One more thing, light colors accentuate the bodyworks / curves better than dark colors. To me, C class looks better in lighter colors because then the car would look bigger. Dark colors are likely to make things look smaller.

Old 03-05-2005, 12:17 AM

White is a great color. I love my platinum blue e55 but if I could order it again I would probably order it in white. I have the blue insert on the seats to tie in with the blue exterior. You might reconsider the blue inserts in favor of just black. Also, the active seats are a pain. I would not order them again. The stock seats are much more comfortable.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:26 AM

Dark-colored paint is more dramatic and sparkly (Did I just make up that word?). The car will stand out in a crowd. It's hard to keep clean and sparkling, though. I prefer the color of dirt. Something like GM's "pewter" is magical. You can put a couple of months of dirt on it and it still looks clean.

I read somewhere that white is the most common car color (all manufacturers combined).