New! Slim HID Kit - Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums


Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,612
Default New! Slim HID Kit

New! Slim HID Conversion Kits
* 3x thinner ballast than 1st generation kits *

- High quality construction
- Quick disconnect waterproof connections
- Double insulated ballasts
- Insulated igniters
- 4K, 6K or 8K output
- Most bulb types and sizes available
- High quality shielded cable
- For low beams or fog lights
- No programming required
- 1 year warranty
- Forum price: $274.99.
- FREE shipping to USA & Canada for all orders received until 12/31!






Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

I just recently bought a 2006 c230 sport. i love it!!! i just have one problem, i tried to install an HID conversion kit and it's not working correctly!!! the lights flicker then go out. then on the gauge cluster it says default. my friend told me that the car is doing that because HIDs bulbs run at lower wattage than the stock bulbs so the computer in the car is reading the bulb as defective. is this true? what can i do to get this kit working? or is there a certain kit that i can get to resolve this problem?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,612
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Your friend is correct. You need to find a dealer that is willing to program aftermarket HID kit. BTW, our kit will not throw error messsage.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2007, 08:19 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central MA
Posts: 9
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Hello,

Newbie here and taking delivery of my first Mercedes TODAY! It's an '04 C320 sedan. My first mod will be HID's. I had them in my last vehicle and it's a MUST from now on. I installed a kit designed for that vehicle and loved it. Since I'm new to the Mercedes world, I have a few questions regarding these kits.

1. Are these kits truely plug and play? My last claimed plug and play however I needed to use a supplied harness slightly moddified to get the kit to work. Will this kit be a true plug and play for my '04 C320? I'm not looking for trade secrets, but how is it your kit will not trip a code while others do? Is it guaranteed to NOT trip a code? The last thing I want to do is bring the car to a dealer within the first month of ownership.

2. Would your DEPO clear projector headlamps for 01-06 C class work with the slim HID kit? I'm not sure I'll go this route as I don't recall what the current head lamp housing looks like (again, I pick the car up tonight) but figured I'd ask the question in the event I want to change them out.
Is there a forum price for these as with the slim HID kits?

I look forward to hearing from you as if these options are possible, I would be ready to purchase soon.

Thanks,

Bill
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,612
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BillG
1. Are these kits truely plug and play? My last claimed plug and play however I needed to use a supplied harness slightly moddified to get the kit to work. Will this kit be a true plug and play for my '04 C320? I'm not looking for trade secrets, but how is it your kit will not trip a code while others do? Is it guaranteed to NOT trip a code? The last thing I want to do is bring the car to a dealer within the first month of ownership.
Yes, they are true plug & play. Yes, it is guaranteed that you will not have flickering nor error message.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BillG
2. Would your DEPO clear projector headlamps for 01-06 C class work with the slim HID kit? I'm not sure I'll go this route as I don't recall what the current head lamp housing looks like (again, I pick the car up tonight) but figured I'd ask the question in the event I want to change them out.
Is there a forum price for these as with the slim HID kits?
Yes, DEPO lights will work with our kit. Your current headlamps should be non-projector frosted. $274.99 is the forum price. Regular price is $299.99.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central MA
Posts: 9
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Quote:
ORIGINAL: K1MOTORSPORT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BillG
1. Are these kits truely plug and play? My last claimed plug and play however I needed to use a supplied harness slightly moddified to get the kit to work. Will this kit be a true plug and play for my '04 C320? I'm not looking for trade secrets, but how is it your kit will not trip a code while others do? Is it guaranteed to NOT trip a code? The last thing I want to do is bring the car to a dealer within the first month of ownership.
Yes, they are true plug & play. Yes, it is guaranteed that you will not have flickering nor error message.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BillG
2. Would your DEPO clear projector headlamps for 01-06 C class work with the slim HID kit? I'm not sure I'll go this route as I don't recall what the current head lamp housing looks like (again, I pick the car up tonight) but figured I'd ask the question in the event I want to change them out.
Is there a forum price for these as with the slim HID kits?
Yes, DEPO lights will work with our kit. Your current headlamps should be non-projector frosted. $274.99 is the forum price. Regular price is $299.99.
Thanks for the quick reply!
My price question was more for the headlamps. I see on your site they list for $380 +/- and was wondering if there was a special member price for those as with the HID kit.

Looks like I'll be placing an order real soon!! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Oh, another question.... if I stayed with the current frosted headlamps, would I have an issue with reflection and the like? Same question if I opt for your DEPO headlamps. Meaning, would I need to adjust the position as to not have the beam all over the place?

Bill
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,612
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BillG
My price question was more for the headlamps. I see on your site they list for $380 +/- and was wondering if there was a special member price for those as with the HID kit.
Normally, there is no special price on the headlamps. I can probably do $10 off on headlamps if you purchase with HID kit.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BillG
Oh, another question.... if I stayed with the current frosted headlamps, would I have an issue with reflection and the like? Same question if I opt for your DEPO headlamps. Meaning, would I need to adjust the position as to not have the beam all over the place?
Only the beam pattern will change. Your stock headlamp will disperse more (like now)compared to projectors.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central MA
Posts: 9
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Good enough for me, thanks again. Should I order any special way or mention the forum? I should be ready in the next two weeks or so.

Bill
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,612
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

Just mention forum prices under "order details" so that we don't charge you regular price.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central MA
Posts: 9
Default RE: New! Slim HID Kit

I know it's been a while (over 6 months) and I still haven't upgraded my lights yet. I still want to but I'm torn between OEM and this kit with DEPO porjectors. I know the price difference is night and day but I want to get the best option for my money. Are the prices still the same? What is the best deal you can offer me for both the slim kit AND DEPO clear projectors? You can e-mail me if you prefer ( [email protected] ).
I'll be tinkering with the car soon now that the temps have raised to a comfortable level.

Thanks,
Bill
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photos: K1 SLIM HID Kit installed :-) jpdonahue Mercedes C Class 8 03-14-2007 01:51 PM
Just installed Slim HID Kit ...Nice! Plus addn'l light questions jpdonahue K1 Motorsport 3 03-12-2007 04:31 AM
97 c280 Xenon HID Kit installation? spikeit Mercedes C Class 0 03-14-2004 10:55 PM


Tags
0106, add, benz, bulbs, cclass, change, clear, depo, forum, headlamps, hid, install, kit, kits, mercedes, problems, projector, slim

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.