Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Talk about it here.

Headrest TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default Headrest TV

It's time. I got the in dash DVD player/flip out screen installed (With Ipod, XM, aux control box included. ). Now, I realized I really like it more than I thought I would and would like to go ahead and finish it up with headrest screens. Anyone know where I can get a good set of headrest screen w/o the headrest and other unneeded crap. All I want is the screens and wires and that's all I need.

I prefer Jenson, but any brand will do as long as it non-touch screen (don't want to give anyone an incentive to put finger prints all over it). And it don't have to be nothing too fancy.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Default RE: Headrest TV

It's gonna be hard for you to find a decent set of monitors that will fit in the stock h/r w/ minimal modification. Are you planning on doing the install yourself?

If so, I can get you a set of 9 inch monitors (non-touch) w/o DVD that you can hook up to your flip-out. They come with headrests, color matched in tan, with a universal post adjustment. They are pretty nice. We just installed a set in a Jaguar about two weeks ago. They're pretty basic, but they're HUGE, and have a nice resolution.

I can get em to you for $699 plus s&h. That's less than I sell them for @ my shop.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Headrest TV

The main reason I want the screens without the headrest is that the ones in my car are electric, and they are comfortable and don't want to loose that feature. I don't care about modifications and I'm not doing that job myself. I have a good place that do it for me.

And if I was to go with them headrest they be selling, do those poles work with automatic electric headrest brackets, if not, that's a whole modification in it's own that's probably way more deep than just putting a screen in the stock one.

But all in all I just need the screen because I already have a shop that is waiting to do the rest (modification and all.)

I think 9 inches is a little large though. I'm thinking around 7 inch or 6.5 inch. something basic. I don't have kids and rest of the people in the back seats are hardly concious anyways (due to drinks, dang alcoholics.)