General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

W124 auto trans digram/manual/info

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:02 AM
Default W124 auto trans digram/manual/info

G'day folks,
Just wondering if anyone has a schematic of the MB auto fitted to an 89 pertrol W124?

My car's a 300E and is leaking trans fluid from the large screw in plug on the LHS of the auto, just above the pan.

What I needed to know was if I pull the screw in plug off to reseal it, am I going to have anything fall inside the box leading to a dismantle?

It appears that it will seal with a rubber 'o' ring, but I'd rather be sure before I start pulling it to bits.

Thanks!

Old 07-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Default RE: W124 auto trans digram/manual/info

And if anyone else has this problem.......

Remove the large srew in plug, clean all surfaces and wipe a LIGHT film of good quality silicone sealant on the mating surface. Tighten up as required.

Then, if you have a similar experience as I have, you will find the rear electromagnetic sensor will have failed rubber 'o' rings in it. Simply undo the 19mm headed retaining bolt and plunger housing and fit new 'o'rings. There are three of them. This little sucker is located on the rear of the gearbox, on the right hand side. Looks like a weird plastic thing with a wire coming out of it and a 19mm bolt holding it on.

And then, if you're really lucky.........

The increase in pressure (presumably) caused by repairing the aforementioned leaks will then cause 'o' ring/seal failures on a servo housing on the RHS rear of the box.

Now, does any one have a parts listing or schematic for THIS bit? It's on the rear RHS next to the exhaust. Looks like I'll have to drop the box down for this one...... So I want to make sure I get ALL the correct seals before I go to the trouble, as this is the better half's daily driver.

Thanks folks!