General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Various dash warning lights

Old 07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Default Various dash warning lights

Hello I've just joined so forgive me if I am repeating other peoples problems;

I have a C200 Elegance 1996 there has been a coolant warning light on for sometime, checked and topped up the rad level.....light still on, changed the sensor on the top of the rad.....light still on, replaced the thermostat.......light still on, the car does not over heat any, ideas!

and

Replaced a couple of dash board lights last weekend and turned the ignition on with the air bag disconnected (oops) now the SRS warning light comes on for 4 seconds then goes off breifly then stays on, is there an alternative to takeing it in to MB for a reset?

Finaly the electric windows will not close when you hold the lock button on the flip out key, but they will also not operate with the ignition of and the front door open (Which it always used to do)

Help anyone???!!

Didn't think these were that tough! any news anyone?? (Getting moaned at by the wife!)

Mick The Hill

More Info: I think I have traced the coolant warning light to an anomaly with the windscreen washer bottle level indicator, changeing it tonight. Still need help with the windows though ........anyone please! Getting desperate!

.....and so good news the coolant warning light has now been cured by replaceing the windscreen washer bottle level sensor (£19) .......1 down 2 to go any news anyone on the electric window thing or SRS light???

Old 07-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Default RE: Various dash warning lights

try disconnecting the battery from the negative........ and always make sure u do so when changing anything electrical